OOT bag items at Walmart or Costco?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 eventsugar

• 30 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:39 PM

Hi All!
    I'm finishing up our OOT bags and am planning on buying the snacks and water at Walmart or Costco when we get down to Puerto Vallarta. I'm planning most likely on bags of pretzels, goldfish and candy. I have small cello bags and labels to put the snacks in - just wondered if others did the same and any issues finding what you needed? Also- did anyone have issues bringing a lot of this stuff through customs?

Thanks all! :)

#2 MaryS

• 313 posts

Posted 03 January 2010 - 10:39 PM

We didnt put snacks in the bags just drink mixes to put in water bottles. Our guest liked those. You won't have any problems finding what you need at Walmart. They have everything you need. If I had known that I would have saved some much instead of paying for extra luggage.

#3 eventsugar

• 30 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 03:47 PM

Thanks so much for the info- I'm definitely going overboard bringing things down from here- and good to know I can depend on Walmart! :) Thanks again!

#4 Chica & Octi

Chica & Octi
        • 39 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:15 PM

I went to the wall mart in PV for the snacks for our OOT bags. I actually didn't really find what I was looking for.

I wanted to get one or two cans of pringles per bag as well as some chocolates and candy.

When we went to walmart they only had the single serving pringles and only in sour cream and onion. Also the chocolate and candy selection were not what you would find at a wal mart in Canada or the US. They did have a lot of selection but i was not familliar with a lot of it.

We did also go to costco when we were in PV but not until after the wedding and the candy and chocolate selection was more like what you would find at home.

You can definately get stuff there and save some room in your suitcase!

Good luck!

#5 bridej9

• 180 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:40 PM

The drink powder for water bottles is a good idea too! Since I'm doing water bottle labels that would be a good addition

#6 eventsugar

• 30 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 06:40 PM

Thanks Chica- that is great to know! We will definitely start at Costco then!

#7 Celina

• Banned
              • 2,811 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:03 PM

Just to chime in, the stuff at Walmart is different than what you would find in the US. Great idea to start at Costco.
                "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#8 lety01

• 37 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 07:10 PM

Costco and walmart? i was not aware these stores were near!!!

#9 jenniebey

• 842 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 10:53 PM

Agreed. We went to Walmart and I was disappointed I couldn't find the items I wanted. Mostly they didn't have any of the drink mix you can add to a water bottle. But we did get some Oreos and little chip bags which our guests loved.

We made due with what was available. We didn't make it to Costco but I had a feeling it would be more in line with what we were expecting.

#10 KarenM

• 1,920 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:15 PM

Has anyone bought tealights or votive candles at Walmart/Costco? Trying to figure out if we should bring them or if we can buy those there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users