Photo

Ev's Moon Palace Beach Wedding Review 11-12-09

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 JT3

JT3
  • 443 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:58 PM

Great review and pictures. Congrats on your wedding...

#22 orionandmari072510

orionandmari072510
    • 225 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:29 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by evtalbot
      The Ceremony
      Our ceremony setup looked like this:
      Click the image to open in full size.

Our ceremony was set to start at 4pm – therefore, we sent everyone to the ceremony location at 3:30. At 3:45, Valeria picked me and my dad up for the horse and carriage ride. They took us on a 5 minute ride through the resort, and everyone was waving and taking pictures of us. It was a special daughter and dad moment. They stopped the carriage around the corner (out of view from our guests) until the bridesmaids had walked down the aisle. Then we made our entrance. You can hear everyone gasp in our videos once they spotted the horse and carriage!

Music
      Originally we thought we’d just use the songs on a CD, but were worried about the songs not being long enough or having gaps in between the songs. So, at our meeting with Valeria, we decided to use the harpist. We had absolutely no idea what songs we wanted. We just knew we didn’t want it to all be classical, we wanted something our guests would recognize.

I was pleasantly surprised by the selection of music! The bridal party walked down to “Wonderful Tonight” by Eric Clapton, and I walked down to “Canon in D”. He played songs through our sand ceremony and as we walked back down the aisle as husband and wife. The harp was a beautiful instrument for the beach, and no one had trouble hearing him. There were no awkward silences, no songs ending too early…. I’m definitely glad I chose live music.

Officiant and Vows
      This was the area I was MOST worried about. I spent hours on the forum putting together our ceremony wording, but then started to worry that it wouldn’t sound right if the officiant wasn’t familiar with the words. So, at our meeting, we gave up all control and used their wording (they also have one for sand ceremonies).

Our officiant, Gino, did a fantastic job. He spoke with emotion, in very clear English, and the words were not very different from those I had picked out. He did the reading of the hands first, then the “Love is patient love is kind” reading, then our vows, ring ceremony, and sand ceremony. It was beautiful. I was surprised that for a symbolic wedding they also have a keepsake certificate that you sign before you kiss. This was cool – it made things look “official” although we had already been married in the U.S.!

Immediately after he pronounced us man and wife we had a champagne toast (which is included in the free package). Valeria’s assistant came by with a basket of rose pedals for each guest, and they were thrown at us as we walked back down the aisle. I was happy we did this, and can’t wait to see the pictures!

I like the blue set up. Very nice. The waters in the background look very blue as well. Super nice!

#23 orionandmari072510

orionandmari072510
      • 225 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:33 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by evtalbot

The Cake - B
        Ah, the cake. We chose a 3 tier cake from the resort’s catalogue. The top tier was sugar free chocolate (no extra charge for this), middle tier was regular chocolate, and bottom was vanilla with fruit. I would definitely say chocolate is the way to go. It was delicious. Most people finished their cake! The only negative was that when they brought the cake out, it was leaning. It was still beautiful and tasted good, so I give it a B.

I thought it was going to tip over!!! :)
        lol, looks good tho. did the fruit taste good?

#24 skadow

skadow
        • Banned
        • 1,853 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:31 PM

Thank you so much for posting. I am getting married at the Aventura Cove and Spa. I wish I could have read your review in its entire. Your photos are amazing!

#25 AishaB

AishaB
          • 2,350 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:51 PM

Thanks for the review. Congrats!
            BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#26 luchdiamond

luchdiamond
            • 163 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 04:20 PM

Thanks for all the info. Your wedding was beautiful. Congratulations!

#27 MrsC2be

MrsC2be
              • 33 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 06:11 AM

Thanks for your review, it's really great. I haven't seen many reviews for weddings in November and I get wed this Nov on the beach too so it has really reassured me!

Being a UK bride, I ws wondering if we had picked a good month for Mexico, what was the weather like when you were there? x

#28 LanaM

LanaM
                • 196 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:47 PM

Thank you for review! Our wedding will be in Nov 2011 and it's nice to know in advance about mosquito situation :)

Alex & Lana
                  ~11.18.11~
                  Moon Palace Golf & Spa Resort, Cancun Mexico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users