Photo

Sand Ceremony???

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jennypenny23

jennypenny23
  • 295 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:51 PM

Hey! Can someone explain the idea of a "sand ceremony" to me.... Ive been hearing it being mentioned here and there....
    What exactly is it? And can I do this for my Riu Montego Bay wedding??

#2 carolina24

carolina24
    • 1,573 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 01:24 PM

it's just like a unity candle ceremony, but more appropriate b/c of the beach/wind. you and your FI each have small containers with different colored sand and your minister or a friend does a reading about the ceremony. you both pour your sand into a seperate container and it signifies that your union can't be broken (b/c you can't seperate the sand once it's joined). If you go on the ceremony script thread, you'll find the words used during the sand ceremony.

#3 NaM

NaM
      • 2,256 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:08 PM

Ditto what Carolina24 said above. It's just a symbolic way of representing your union. Then you can keep the sand/container and have it as a momento. And of course you can do it at your wedding!!!

#4 Alyssa

Alyssa
        • 11,793 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 02:52 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jennypenny23
          Hey! Can someone explain the idea of a "sand ceremony" to me.... Ive been hearing it being mentioned here and there....
          What exactly is it? And can I do this for my Riu Montego Bay wedding??
          hi jennypenny,

please re-read the FAQ's (below link in red) and learn how to use the search function - you can easily search for answers to questions like this - there are dozens are threads already on sand ceremony's and all the details that go along with them.

thanks,
          bdw mods

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users