New Canadian Travel Restrictions, Do You Guys Know More???

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 moonpalacebride

• 202 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:59 AM

Have any of you other Canadian brides began to panic after the US instated these new restrictions The latest I've heard is no carry-on bags My dress!!!!! I really hope it's lifted by April.....

New restrictions after attempted terror attack add to travel headaches, may discourage some - *Travel - MSN CA

#2 amygirl1169

• 653 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:38 AM

I'm pretty sure that will be lifted by April. That's what they were saying on the news anyway.

#3 echo2_62

• 1,049 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:52 AM

I think part of it will depend on which airline you're travelling with as well. Most of our group is split between Air Canada and WestJet and they are direct flights from Canada to Mexico - so if it's only the US airlines that are enforcing the super strict rules then we might be a little better off because we won't have any direct contact with the US customs or anything. It'll be good for all of us to keep our eyes and ears open in the meantime just in case though!

#4 debbmach

• 1,457 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:54 AM

It's hard to say if this will last. I get the impression from that article that this may just be a temporary thing and it pay be more visible at certain airports and certain airlines.

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#5 moonpalacebride

• 202 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:01 AM

Thanks for the input ladies. I know Vancouver International has been a gong show! We're flying Continental and stopping in Houston so I hope it lifts quickly.

#6 mlabbe

• 784 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:33 AM

I was looking forward to booking our flight soon but now I'm not sure what to do... get a direct flight or Mexico (or at least via Canada only) or hope things change and take a chance? It's too bad because some American airlines offer really affordable upgrades to Business / 1st class, it would be sad to miss out! It's just quite the frustrating predicament.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users