When should I have my shower?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 JeniferLynn

• 44 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:31 PM

My MOH is asking that I give her a hand in the shower, she is younger then myself and this will be her first wedding she she is standing in. Our wedding is in April, just wondering when she should plan the shower? should it be like a month before the wedding?

#2 poohshek

• 1,456 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:43 PM

Ten ladies from work threw me a shower a month before our wedding and I thought that was great timing.

#3 moonpalacebride

• 202 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:45 PM

I was wondering the same thing, good to know!

#4 debbmach

• 1,457 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:02 AM

In my family we usually do it about 1-2 months before the wedding. All depends on timing and what the bride has going on.

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#5 shellk

• 1,784 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 06:47 AM

you can have it whenever you like it.sounds like your friend needs the advise but its great that shes doing it for you.just remember to give yourself time to recover afterwards before you leave.

#6 Sloan

• 1,279 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 07:00 AM

I had my shower a month after my wedding. Things were just too busy prior and we couldn't nail down a date that worked.

#7 tiffandmarv

• 361 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:06 AM

Things will get real busy as your date gets closer. You will probably want your weekends to be pretty free. So I too would vote for 4 or 5 weeks before you head out.

Bride & Groom + 56 Booked for Jamaica!!!

#8 mmshaughness

• 155 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:53 PM

Mine is planned for about 6 weeks before we leave for the trip - but I think that you should pick a time that will work best for you and the people that are the "must attend" guests!

#9 Sylvie143

• 181 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 06:19 PM

Good tips ladies, I also wasn't sure on when to do it, I was thinking about a month or 2 before since we want to go to Vegas..... and I don't want to be hungover the day of my wedding... I don't want to be a grouchy HOver bride....

#10 brookedanielle

• 59 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:44 PM

My bridal shower is scheduled 10 weeks before my wedding! I know that seems like it's really early, but the month of April seems to be extremely busy with Easter and family birthdays and such, and then May is cutting it too close considering we are leaving the 2nd of June for our wedding. So we picked the last weekend of March (which omg it's so close already).

Just check out your schedule, and remember to not do it too close to your wedding, you'll have enough to think about in the weeks leading up to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users