BDW Biggest Loser ~ Season 8

• Please log in to reply
711 replies to this topic

#41 BachataBride

• Banned
  • 9,310 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 08:04 PM

That's my plan Tasha - eat myself sick today so I dont' want to touch food for the next couple days...that'll get the ball rolling!!
    jk!! Although, I can't say this evening was much better with KD & fried weiners...I think I'm going to be sick!

#42 BachataBride

• Banned
    • 9,310 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:07 PM

Jenn - what do you think of this site? To me (a complete novice!) it looks like it would be a great way to keep track, and keep on track. Do you think it's worth the time to put into it??

FitDay - Free Weight Loss and Diet Journal

#43 Sapphire723

• 888 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:35 PM

I like Sparkpeople.com. As an added plus, they're starting their bootcamp on Sunday, which I'm planning on joining.

#44 BachataBride

• Banned
        • 9,310 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 02:43 PM

LeAnne - that is a dieting forum though right?? This fitday one is for tracking only - there is no forum, no other people...it's just a way to track what you eat & what you do. I'm using my BDW girls for the moral support! If that works for you though, that's great!!!

#45 SheriB

• 597 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 04:31 PM

I would love to join this season! It is my first time too but I followed last season a bit - what a great support group. Looking forward to Jan 13th!

#46 moonpalacebride

• 202 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 08:21 PM

I always suggest fitday.com to my clients! It's good because it breaks down your macronutrients (proteins, fats, carbs) so you can see how much of each you're eating. The only thing is that you have to input a lot of your own foods in and it can be quite time consuming. I get people to use that site along with sparkpeople.com and calorieking.com. Between all of those you should be able to figure out your food values pretty easily!

Fitday's cool too because you can make charts and track your weightloss, inch loss, etc. and there's a journal option.

Sparkpeople.com might also have those options but I haven't looked into that one very deeply.

Happy New Years everyone!!!!!!! I spent my night playing Just Dance on the Wii with my sister and FI, it was a blast! I sweat A LOT last night, I recommend getting that game for some hilarious exercise!

#47 Sapphire723

• 888 posts

Posted 01 January 2010 - 08:54 PM

Amanda, it has a forum attached where you can connect with others, but it also has a food tracker that lists out your nutrients based on what you want to track and an exercise tracker. It also has some useful recipes and resources, including two iphone apps.

#48 nsbride2010

• 2,528 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:13 PM

I like sparkpeople.com, although I have never tried fitday until now when I see this posted here. I think both are similar though! Sparkpeople does track weight and charts if you want (its under the reports section). I like how I can make many different nutritional goals on sparkpeople, and track my water consumption very easily, since I lack in that area! I think like Jenn said, as long as you write it down, thats whats important!!

I didn't know it had an iphone app, what is it called??
                  Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#49 BachataBride

• Banned
                  • 9,310 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 12:47 PM

Yay! I'm glad I'm on the right track with it!! I figured it's going to be time consuming...but I figured once I input my "regular" foods in there they are there & I won't have to do it again.
                    Lost .8lbs since yesterday! (I know....you should weigh yourself everyday...but with this tracker thing I really want to!!)

Oh....and another bonus with it is I will hold off on eating something because I really don't want to enter it in the food log!!! Great way to keep my eating habits under control!

#50 *HOLLY*

• Banned
                    • 3,639 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 01:02 PM

That is awesome Manders!!!! I lost another 1.5lbs :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users