711 replies to this topic

#21 BachataBride

BachataBride
  • Banned
  • 9,310 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:27 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by moonpalacebride
    You guys and your Wednesdays.... Here's my 2 best eating tips for losing weight, which will work HANDS DOWN.

1) Cut starchy foods out. Potatoes, breads, pastas, yadda yadda yadda.

2) Stop drinking your calories! Pops, JUICES, sugary coffees, *ahem* alcohol *ahem* etc.
    No starchy carbs & no booze...seriously are you trying to kill me!!??

I am a huge carb junky - a meal is not a meal without bread and/or potatoes and/or pasta!! LOL

I actually like to lose weight without changing my diet much at all. I have a pretty good metabolism (for now! ) so just getting active does wonders for me! I try not to mess with my eating habits too much since I have crohn's disease and too much change in my diet really messes with my system. ie, if I eat too much salad (which is supposed to be good for you!) it makes me "sick"...and tomato sauce is worse for my stomach than alfredo is! My biggest problem that I have to work on is portion control. That and exercise will really help me out!

Thanks for the advice though - it's definitely good to have someone on board who knows some secrets!! :)

#22 *HOLLY*

*HOLLY*
    • Banned
    • 3,639 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:34 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by budgetjamaicabride
      I'd be in.,.. I am trying to lose weight to be healthier in order to try to get pregnant. :) Group motivation would be awesome!
      YAY BEV for planning on getting prego :)

Ill give it another go around :) I will do my best to participate but may be hard with the wedding coming up!!!

#23 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
      • 2,528 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:39 AM

Just do what you can Hols! Its just a way to stay motivated and a group of wonderful beauties to answer to if you fall too far off the wagon! Haha

Moonpalace, what is your real name? I feel like i need to address this wonderful bearer of information by name!! hehe Its true about diet being super important; my trainer told me that, and whenever I tweak what I eat a little I break a plateau! I hope you stick around, you can be my wing-lady! hehehe
        Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#24 moonpalacebride

moonpalacebride
        • 202 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:51 AM

I'm all about weight loss challenges, I'll stick around for sure :P.

Yea the reason I suggest cutting those out is because most of my clients have little to no idea how to eat properly whatsoever! If they can concentrate on cutting those down or out, they have awesome results, no matter what. Plus they usually find stuff that actually tastes good that they'd never normally eat!

I have a friend with Crohns (and I used to suffer from IBS until I started eating low glycemic last year) so I know how finicky your digestive system can get. I feel for ya!

Another important trick that all weight losers should do is keep a food diary, hands down no matter what. I have diaries going back 6mos at a time (I don't always keep one and always regret when I lose track). It gives me a really good idea of what was working and what wasn't. If you are a calorie counter, the diary is your best friend!

#25 futuremissbk

futuremissbk
          • 49 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:56 AM

I'd love to participate! How do I get involved? Thanks for organizing!

#26 Cassie

Cassie
            • 5,341 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 10:55 AM

I'm up for another season!
              Married! -- July 11, 2010

"I hope your marriage lasts 10 dog years" -- what my 4 yr old flower girl had my sister write in my guest book!

My Planning Thread

#27 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
              • 2,528 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:19 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by futuremissbk
                I'd love to participate! How do I get involved? Thanks for organizing!

We are in the planning stages right now, but we would like to start January 13th first weigh-in. All of the rules for this season will be the same as Season 7, so check out the thread for Season 7. The first page has everything you need to know!
                Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#28 Oryx

Oryx
                • 727 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:59 PM

I'm interested and can start January 13th! I'm new here so I'll need to review the rules as well. So far it sounds like fun :)

My real name is Renee, by the way.

Happy new year!

#29 moonpalacebride

moonpalacebride
                  • 202 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:52 PM

Oh, I'm Jenn by the way! Want any tips or have workout or diet questions just ask!

#30 jamk32179

jamk32179
                    • 341 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 05:43 PM

Hi Ladies,
                      I have never participated in this before, but am super excited to join! I definitely need additional motivation!!! Looking forward to the start!

Jen
                      September 18, 2010- The Royal Playa del Carmen31 Guests RSVP'd including the Bride and Groom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users