Photo

Tropical wedding colors?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Pandabride6

Pandabride6
  • 95 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 11:49 PM

Our colors are turquoise and purple. It's true, turquoise is a color you can mix with anything... plus it's Pantone's Color of the Year! So I guess you can't go wrong, lol.
    Can't wait to honor our family roots... and establish new ones... Montego Bay, Jamaica, June 5, 2010

The view overlooking Kingston... January 2009. One Love!!

#22 emicene

emicene
    • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:28 PM

My wedding is in the Riviera Maya...I originally wanted my girls to wear a deep turqouise. However, after much thought and arriving to dress shop we decided on bright orange. The ocean water in Mexico is beautiful, we went with orange as our main color with turquoise, pinks, and bright green as our accents. We ultimately want our wedding to be bright and fun.

#23 AlexsBride

AlexsBride
      • 401 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 09:38 AM

Everyone has good taste! I was designing my invites the other day and was playing around with colours and used turquoise, fuschia, and red and LOVED the way they looked together and decided that would be my colour scheme. My bridesmaids are wearing red dresses.
        Mom to two beautiful girls, Izzy and Delilah and about to marry their Daddy! :)

#24 Princess402

Princess402
        • 737 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:02 PM

I've been in love with the idea of using turquoise as well! At first I was thinking of using it as our main colour and then having accent colours of coral, chocolate brown, and lime green. Lately though I've fallen in love with the idea of having my BMs in royal blue sundresses. I'm still unwilling to abandon my turquoise colour choice though, so now I thinking of a royal blue, turquoise, and yellow/orange color scheme... what do you girls think? Wish I could find some pics of another bride using these colours!

#25 KarenM

KarenM
          • 1,920 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:27 PM

I agree - blue goes with everything! We're doing aqua, lime/minty green & yellow with a little orange thrown in (flowers).
            For all of you turquoise/aqua/teal & red girls, I found a few inspiration boards at perfect palette (I'm obsessed with that website). Great combination!

Click the image to open in full size.

#26 baj

baj
            • 1,555 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 05:47 PM

some great idea's for different colours very informative for all the b2b's who are still undecided. I have chosen purple, liac and pink.

#27 Eliana

Eliana
              • 676 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 03:48 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Pandabride6
                Our colors are turquoise and purple. It's true, turquoise is a color you can mix with anything... plus it's Pantone's Color of the Year! So I guess you can't go wrong, lol.
                Those are the color we choose too!!! when are you posting pics from your wedding I hope you had an awesome experience!

#28 Loveisintheair

Loveisintheair
                • 344 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 06:16 PM

Mine are turquoise and coral. They look beautiful together but it goes with anything like someone said earlier.

#29 ericamae

ericamae
                  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

I think you are on the right path, I am trying to think of colors myself. One of the methods I have been using, is checking out why type of flowers the resort offers and which one I would want. And seeing what colors would look good with them. Just a thought. Congratulation on your engagment!

#30 WeddingCancun

WeddingCancun
                    • Vendor
                    • 210 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

yellow & orange are a good combination, perfect for a tropical themed wedding

We help couples planning a beach destination wedding who want a splendid Wedding experience in Cancun and Riviera Maya get simple, elegant and romantic decoration without worring to deal with vendors who really dont care about your wedding. DO YOU KNOW ANYONE LIKE THAT?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users