Tropical wedding colors?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 solaas

solaas
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 04:40 PM

Hi all,

I'm just getting starting with the wedding planning (been engaged less than a month!) but I thought coming up with color ideas might be a fun way to start.

We're getting married in the Caribbean somewhere--I'm favoring Jamaica--and I wanted a nice tropical color theme.

I think one of my first choices is turquoise. What color goes with it? Orange? Pink?

I was also toying with the idea of doing a peacock feather color palette (turquoise and royal blue probably) but I don't know if that would work with my destination wedding since I have no idea if i can even get blue flowers in Jamaica, especially if I use a floral package from a resort. I might save the peacock feather theme for an at-home reception instead.

Any thoughts? My fiance just tells me to pick what I like. He's so helpful.

#2 JeniferLynn

JeniferLynn
    • 44 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:49 PM

Hi, Congrats on just getting engaged :)
      Our colors are Turquoise and chocolate brown/goldish colors, I think they look very nice together! good luck!

#3 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,853 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:48 PM

This website should help
        The Perfect Palette
        Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#4 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 09:55 PM

To keep the answer simple, pretty much anything goes with blue!

I used turquoise, fuschia and orange. And Jacqueline used peacock feathers, so if you do a search, you can see pics that used those colors.

Good luck.

#5 budgetjamaicabride

budgetjamaicabride
          • 516 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:00 PM

Carly is right... turquoise and anything works. We did turquoise and lime green and sand color... but have fun and experiment.

#6 vlynnw

vlynnw
            • 6,003 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:14 PM

You can pick anything to go with turquoise and both pink and orange are a great bright tropical color scheme to pair with turquoise. As for the peacock feathers you may want to think about making those things yourself and taking them with you if it's really what you are wanting.
              Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#7 QueenDiva

QueenDiva
              • 521 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:45 PM

Our colors are turquoise, burnt orange and bronze. I think pretty much anything will look good with turquoise!

#8 solaas

solaas
                • 6 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:04 PM

Thanks for the advice, ladies! I think I'm definitely going to stick with turquoise... Just need to decide about the peacock feather thing (and its practicality.) I would definitely bring any peacock feather related items from home, but I'm worried that I'll be overplanning it if I do and not really taking advantage of the stress-free aspect of the destination wedding.

Still plenty of time to decide, luckily... :)

#9 MsZ

MsZ
                  • 410 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 07:19 PM

That Perfect Palette Website is awesome!! Thanks so much! Love this thread!!!

#10 coley88

coley88
                    • 186 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 03:25 PM

I think we've decided on turquoise and red as our colors. The red is for me because it's my favorite color and it compliments my skin and hair beautifully and it's a very passionate color. The turquoise to tie in with the DW and because my FI has beautiful blue eyes and any shade of blue makes them pop! That gives us an elegant red feel and a fun, carribean blue - but we need to decide how we use them now.

But I agree turquoise is a fantastic color and can to so many ways. For the peacock feel, you can focus on the turquoise and use the darker blue as an accent color. There's a thread in here about blue flowers!

Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users