Photo

Getting married in 15 days... can't get a straight answer!!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 josee

josee
  • 217 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 03:44 PM

I am getting married in ROR in 15 days. I emailed Chandlyn on several occasions about extras for the wedding and I just can’t get a straight answer from her!! One day it is something and another day it is something else. So I’m turning to you fellow brides… can anyone tell me without any doubt that I can pay credit card for extras or if I have to pay cash for some and can pay credit card for others?
    Meaning…

Flowers for the BM
    Aisle runner
    DJ
    Pool reception
    Chairs with sashes
    Extra bottles of champagne

Thanks for all the help you can provide.

#2 kris

kris
    • 506 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 04:27 PM

She told me I can pay with credit card or travellers cheques. The only one Im unsure of is the dj, he hasnt got back to me yet, so Im not sure what he takes. Did you get the dj the resort has (I think his name is djkprince or something like that?)

#3 josee

josee
      • 217 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 05:28 PM

I asked Chandlyn about the DJ and she said that I can book him when I'm at the resort... so I don't even know if I will have a DJ or not!

#4 CherylMc

CherylMc
        • 211 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:36 PM

Hello day after me bride! getting excited Josee?
          Ok so I got some answers...
          The minister US$350 visa
          The steel drum band for the ceremony US350 cash
          Dinner at the steakhouse - Free
          The poolside reception US15 per person visa
          The DJ US150 per hour cash
          I thought she booked the DJ? As for flowers who did you go with - depending who your talking to they may take cash or visa - you might have to cheque.
          PM me I think were on the same flight :)

#5 Andilea

Andilea
          • 15 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 02:10 PM

Hi! I was hoping you guys could fill me in on the "poolside reception". I was wondering what the $15US includes and the details of the reception.

Thank you so much!
            Andrea

#6 kris

kris
            • 506 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:13 PM

For my poolside reception in a month I am paying 55 per person for food and open bar , as well as 7 per chair (for white chairs & chair sashes) as well as 150/hr for a dj and 400.00 for white lanterns from Tai Flora

#7 josee

josee
              • 217 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 04:02 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Andilea
                Hi! I was hoping you guys could fill me in on the "poolside reception". I was wondering what the $15US includes and the details of the reception.

Thank you so much!
                Hi Andrea,

You have to pay $15US/person to get an open bar for the night. Meaning they will se your own little private bar with a bartender.

#8 josee

josee
                • 217 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:23 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by TA Maureen
                  DJ's and Musicians=CASH
                  Wedding Package adn reception costs+Credit Cards (expect an international fee)
                  Flowers-if using Tai Flora through the resort can be credit card
                  Thank you Maureen!!!!! You should be the wedding coordiator there... everytime I need an answer you are the one finding it for me!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you

#9 isaidyes

isaidyes
                  • 269 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:49 PM

This is good to know. I never even thought that we couldn't pay for everything with Visa! Ugh, I hate travelling down there will all that cash

#10 sweetluna

sweetluna
                    • 183 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 05:20 PM

I just love the information you all provide!! Thank you!!

An additional question I have about the reception, do you actually have to use the open bar and pay $15/person? I'm wondering if anyone knows if we can just set up some candles and play music for dancing (using IPOD) and save the fee? I don't want to sound cheap but my FI and me are paying for all of this on our own so if I can save a few $$ for unnecessary things, I'd like to. At an all-inclusive resort I find it unnecessary to pay for a private open bar when all I want to do is use some space to dance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users