Jump to content

Photo

Questions for Jamaica RIU Brides


  • Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#11 Spazz

Spazz
  • VIP Member
  • 10,482 posts

    Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:46 AM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jerzzygirl
    Well all of you have answered the questions with the same info I would have. But for the bride that has the noon wedding time. I also had to take the noon slot, but I called mexico, the direct wedding line and they did have a couple that never CONFIRMED there 2:00 time. It was booked by someone but then they never answered the email that CONFIRMs your time. So the women in mexico emailed and put a call out to the bride and said if its not confirmed in 3 days they were going to release there time. Well they didnt comfirm and I was able to get the 2pm time. Better then 12 but not my 1st choice of 4pm. They then sent me a new confirmation #.


    I emailed the main RIU office and they told me that if there are any cancellations, I can get a later time. Not that I want any brides to cancel their weddings, but I would be really excited to get it moved to later!

    #12 twinkletoes

    twinkletoes
    • Sr. Member
    • 2,302 posts

      Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:55 PM

      Bad news for me. I emailed RIU inquiring about my 8/8/08 date and it is truly all booked up!! I asked about a waiting list or filling a cancellation but she didnt acknowledge/mention it at all. I'm sad now. I spent all last night talking to my FI about the RIU, as I was truly sold on it. I thought I was doing myself a favor by trying to decide on a place at least 1 year in advance. Guess not.

      Back to the drawing board!
      2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

      #13 Heidi

      Heidi
      • Sr. Member
      • 2,642 posts

        Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:56 PM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by twinkletoes
        Bad news for me. I emailed RIU inquiring about my 8/8/08 date and it is truly all booked up!! I asked about a waiting list or filling a cancellation but she didnt acknowledge/mention it at all. I'm sad now. I spent all last night talking to my FI about the RIU, as I was truly sold on it. I thought I was doing myself a favor by trying to decide on a place at least 1 year in advance. Guess not.

        Back to the drawing board!
        well I'm sure 8/8/08 is a VERY popular date (just like this year's 7/7/07 brides) - you might have a tough time at a lot of resorts
        Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

        #14 twinkletoes

        twinkletoes
        • Sr. Member
        • 2,302 posts

          Posted 12 July 2007 - 04:00 PM

          Thanks Heidi. I didnt even think about it like that. I guess I'll go find a happy hour some where and get back to brainstorming. lol
          2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

          #15 twinkletoes

          twinkletoes
          • Sr. Member
          • 2,302 posts

            Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:41 PM

            The rep from RIU finally got back with me. I am 1st on a waiting list for my 8-8-08 date! Now I just have to cross my fingers that someone cancels, lol. In the meantime, I'm trying to come up with a back up plan. Thanks for all your help girls :~)
            2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

            #16 Heidi

            Heidi
            • Sr. Member
            • 2,642 posts

              Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:49 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by twinkletoes
              The rep from RIU finally got back with me. I am 1st on a waiting list for my 8-8-08 date! Now I just have to cross my fingers that someone cancels, lol. In the meantime, I'm trying to come up with a back up plan. Thanks for all your help girls :~)
              YAY! well...not that I want someone to call off their wedding, but you know what I mean!

              fingers crossed for you!!!
              Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

              #17 Spazz

              Spazz
              • VIP Member
              • 10,482 posts

                Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:04 PM

                Hopefully for you (not for the other bride!) someone cancels. Let us know what happens!

                #18 RiuORBride2B

                RiuORBride2B
                • Newbie
                • 49 posts

                  Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:34 PM

                  You could always have your weding off site. There is a company mentioned in some of the other posts that will coordinate an off-site wedding/reception. they looked really nice. My travel agent is trying to convince us to go to the RIU in Negril, he really loves it. He said he saw an awesome wedding at some little hotel called the caves.

                  #19 twinkletoes

                  twinkletoes
                  • Sr. Member
                  • 2,302 posts

                    Posted 25 July 2007 - 07:04 AM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by RiuORBride2B
                    You could always have your weding off site. There is a company mentioned in some of the other posts that will coordinate an off-site wedding/reception. they looked really nice. My travel agent is trying to convince us to go to the RIU in Negril, he really loves it. He said he saw an awesome wedding at some little hotel called the caves.
                    Great idea. I didn't even think about that option. I could always just have my guests stay at the Riu. That may just work :~) Thanks!
                    2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

                    #20 boscobel

                    boscobel
                    • VIP Member
                    • 24,213 posts

                      Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:56 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by lizz10179
                      ...5. Is anyone using Air Jamaica vacations for their guests? I used them when we went to a friends' wedding in Montego.Yes, we booked with Air Jamaica. We're flying out of Philly and it was so much cheaper than US Airways.

                      Thanks in advance!
                      Lizz - if you don't mind me asking, how much did you book it for? Cuz my wedding is the day after you and we would proabaly fly out of Philly to. My TA quoted me $670!!! I told her to forget it, I would wait. then I looked online and I saw ones for like $350-700 and I wasn't even sure if that was a good price, but KNEW that $670 wasn't.




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users