Any Excellence Riviera Cancun Brides out there???

Hi Steph!

ERC did provide the centerpieces our reception. I had a specific vision in my head of how I wanted it to look and the WC at the time (Ramon) actually was able to hunt down a couple of the large cylindrical vases for me and didn't charge me any extra. This was only because he knew they had them from a wedding recently and offered them but they don't typically have them. I looked at outside vendors and felt that what ERC could provide (with my specific vision in mind) would be great. We didn't do anything with the gazebo but I'm assuming you're talking about the palapa on the beach? The reason I'm saying that is because there is an actual gazebo on the property that you can use to get married but we wanted to have our ceremony on the beach. ERC provided all decorations for that as well. We wanted the starfish along the aisle and they provided the sheer curtains that draped around the palapa as well as the chair covers. I wanted to keep it very clean, chic & modern so I wasn't interested in a ton of different decorations, so it made it fairly easy for me. We met with the WC the day before the wedding to choose how we wanted the reception to be set up (including the black tablecloth/white linens/flower arrangements/bouquets. I'm the type of person that does not like to leave thing until last minute, but in this situation, we had to. It all worked out and I was thrilled with how the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception turned out! The only things I brought as far as "decorations" were the placecards, postcards and a little folded foamboard with some pics of us and directions to fill out the postcards ("Advice for the Bride & Groom"). Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Originally Posted by steph2011 View Post

Chelsea,

Did Excellence provide the centerpieces for your reception or did you bring them with you?  Did you have choices for the beach gazebo decoration?  Any info you can provide about decorations and flower options would be fantastic!

Thanks.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! We are just getting started in the long journey of looking for the "ideal" place... I have it narrowed down to a few and ERC is one of them...however, there is not a lot of information posted on their website. I sent a RFP request. Any input would be great!! I am thinking about the pier for the ceremony location.

Thanks so much traveltoni! Sorry for the delayed response, I just saw this post! We had our ceremony on the beach at 5pm (perfect), then the pier for cocktail hour and then we did the reception in the foyer upstairs (outside balcony that wraps around the side of the hotel). It was fabulous but I will warn you, for the reception it was HOT HOT HOT! If the Lobster House was available on the evening we were married we definitely would have held it there! We were there the November prior to the wedding and saw our exact same setup (with the beach and cocktail hour on the pier...which gave us the idea, and then the reception in the Lobster House and it looked like they were having a blast! There was a DJ in there and dancers and it just looked like a great intimate place to have the reception. I'm not sure if you've been to the resort yet but the Lobster House has the lazy river wrap around it and it's beautifully lit up in the evening, so it makes you feel like you're right on the water :) I'm sure it's going to be beautiful! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Originally Posted by traveltoni View Post

HI !!

HAPPY 1 YR =)

I JUST BOOKED MY WEDDING FOR JUNE 11,2012 AND I AM SUPER EXCITED ... I BOOKED THE BEACH @ 5PM , THE PIER FOR COCKTAIL HR AND THE LOBSTER HOUSE FOR THE RECEPTION .... WHERE DID YOU HAVE YOUR RECEPTION?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there! I actually just booked my destination wedding here for June 2, 2012!! I'm so excited too!!

I was thinking of having the reception in the outside balcony location, but I also don't want it to be too hot. How is the Lobster House? Anyone have any pictures of this place? Do we have to reserve with the wedding coordinator? Also, cocktail hour on the pier sounds beautiful, do you guys know how many people can it hold for?

As for decorations, Nayeli sent me a quote for the chair sashes for $5 a chair, would you guys recommend purchasing the sashes on my own for cheaper possibly?

Any info would be so appreciated!!! And congrats to all the brides planning for ERC! :)

THANK YOU FOR GETTING BACK TO ME ... YES I WAS THERE 2 WEEKS AGO .. I SAW EVERYTHING ..

I DID PICK THE LOBSTER HOUSE BECAUSE I CANT STAND BEING TO HOT ... I KNOW GETTING MARRIED ON AN ISLAND AND HATES HEAT LOL SOUNDS TOTALLY CRAZY

ANY PICTURES YOU HAVE IF YOU CAN POST THEM IT WOULD BE GREAT !

THANKS AGAIN

HI .... CONGRATS !!

THE PIER IS REALLY NICE ... IF YOUR HAVING ALOT OF PEOPLE I PERSONALLY WOULDN'T DO THE PIER BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE ITS JUST TO MUCH .. DON'T FORGET ITS A PIER SO ITS WIDE BUT NOT SO WIDE .. YOU WANT PEOPLE TO BE ABLE TO HEAR EVERYTHING YOU GUYS ARE SAYING ... I THINK YOU CAN ONLY DO 2 OR 3 CHAIRS ON EACH SIDE LEAVING THE MIDDLE OPEN OF COURSE

Hi.  We are going to have our wedding at Excellence Riviera Cancun in November 2011.  I am also trying to figure out where to have the reception.  I'm not sure if the Lobster House is available on our wedding day.  I way considering having the reception outside.  Do you think it will be too hot??  I saw that a lot of you mentioned that the foyer area was really hot...

Hi mandijacole!

You'll be totally fine to have your reception in the foyer in November. We went 2 years in a row for my birthday in November and the temperature is beauuutiful. I even found it a bit cool on certain nights (not cold, just enough to bring a pashmina with you). November in the Riviera Maya is amazing. It's warm enough to go to the beach and enjoy the pool but not unbearable. I say, go for it! Here are a few pics of my reception on the balcony (and a few others thrown in too :) Ok, it's definitely "pic heavy!!"

Thanks!

Chelsea

www.redibychelsea.com

www.facebook.com/RedIbyChelsea

www.twitter.com/Redibychelsea

one of the walkways that surrounds the resort:

Chelsea+Eric_W_0001.JPG

View from our balcony:

Chelsea+Eric_W_0004.JPG

Barefoot jewelry all laid out!

Chelsea+Eric_W_0018.JPG

Ceremony set up. 5pm!

Chelsea+Eric_W_0105.JPG

Headed to the beach ceremony with all of my bridesmaids singing "Going to the Chapel"...I'll never forget that!

Chelsea+Eric_W_0152.JPGChelsea+Eric_W_0098.JPGChelsea+Eric_W_0192.JPG

We did it!

Chelsea+Eric_W_0242.JPG

Cocktail hour on the pier! Del Sol took us to the pier right next to it for some fabulous pics as our guests ate/drank on the other pier. We did still have enough time for pics on the beach with the wedding party AND to enjoy some drinks with our guests on the other pier! The popular drink was the Midori - refreshing and amazing!

Chelsea+Eric_W_0382.JPG

This was the extra private bar they set up for our guests (only). There were waiters on the pier for us as well, but people walked right to this bar from the ceremony and then headed to the pier.

Chelsea+Eric_W_0363.JPG

Pics with the bridesmaids!

Chelsea+Eric_W_0430.JPG

Reception in the foyer!

Chelsea+Eric_W_0439.JPGChelsea+Eric_W_0435.JPG

Entering our reception after our wedding party:

Chelsea+Eric_W_0469.JPG

There wasn't a moment all of us weren't dancing!

Chelsea+Eric_W_0588.JPG

Originally Posted by mandijacole View Post

Hi.  We are going to have our wedding at Excellence Riviera Cancun in November 2011.  I am also trying to figure out where to have the reception.  I'm not sure if the Lobster House is available on our wedding day.  I way considering having the reception outside.  Do you think it will be too hot??  I saw that a lot of you mentioned that the foyer area was really hot...