Past or future Melia Caribe Tropical Brides out there!!

Hello Girls... I am new here and and getting married at the Melia Caribe Tropical in Punta Cana and would love to hear from any future or past bride there... I would love to see anyones pictures that was married there... I am so confused if we should do a private reception or a reception in one of the restaurnats... do they do a rehersal dinner for you? Do you get to see photos to choose from of cakes, flowers ect before you get there... I need help im so confused.. hahaa

I'm probably getting married there April 2011. I have received a lot of info from the WC, she even sent me some more pics on the reception sites. We are probably doing our reception in the Amphitheater, it looks awesome and I believe it is included in the tropical fairy tale package. A believe a rehearsal dinner is included up to 24 people in one of the alacarte restaurants, but I'm not sure which packages that is included in. All of this info is located in the romance guide, if you don't have that I can PM it to you. Let me know. Pics of the cakes and bouquets offered are also in there. I have a food and beverage guide also if you want it. Let me know.

We were married there in October. I posted a review awhile back under "wedding reviews". Maybe you will find that helpful. As for the private reception, it all depends on how many people you are having. It also costs a lot more. We had 45 people and had the private reception. It was like a traditional reception, DJ, dancing, etc. Totally worth it to us.

You can look at some pics under "destination wedding" on our photographers website.

GUY KITCHENS Photojournalist

Enjoy your planning!!

We're getting married there June 18, 2010! Sounds like we're a week apart!!!

We opted to have our reception on La Barcaza dinner cruise because I felt the costs for a private reception and bar seemed a little steep considering everything is all-inclusive to begin with. What are you doing about a photographer?

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestarfishsea View Post
I am getting married at Melia Caribe Tropical on Feb. 21st 2010!

If you have any questions (especially after my big day!) please feel free to ask! I will be back end of Feb. ..but if you have any questions about the planning process now-ask away wink.gif
Hi There! I am getting married there as well in April 2010. Congrats on your big day, I would love to hear about it! Did you get married in the garden gazebo? Details please :)

I am getting married at the Melia on November 5, 2010! We are 99% sure we are doing our ceremony at the Melia's beach gazebo and our reception at the Jellyfish Restaurant.

Still deciding on alot of things....photographer is the big one now! I originally heard the Melia had a new rule of a $1000 copyright fee if you bring an outside photographer. But I just received an email from Laura saying I just have to pay for their day pass!

Best of Luck!

Danielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestarfishsea View Post
I am getting married at Melia Caribe Tropical on Feb. 21st 2010!

If you have any questions (especially after my big day!) please feel free to ask! I will be back end of Feb. ..but if you have any questions about the planning process now-ask away wink.gif
I will also be getting married that weekend and staying at the Melia (might see you there!). But, we chose to have our ceremony and recepetion at the Jellyfish on Feb 20, 2010. I will definitely be posting a review after we get back.

Good luck and congrats everyone!