Honeymoon Budget

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#11 Janet

Janet
  • VIP Member
  • 7,459 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:07 AM

We decided to honeymoon at a condo at Casa del Mar. We are paying $225 a night (total, no taxes or fees) for a 1 br/1.5 bath beachfront/poolside condo.

Pros:
    • Full kitchen so we can make meals, make margaritas, eat leftovers, etc.
    • The grounds and the pools of Casa del Mar are beautiful (so I hear...)
    • Privacy! No hallways or elevators or anything. Just walk up to the front door and it's like having your own little apartment.
    • Great value. If we wanted an equally nice hotel room, I think we'd be paying about $100/night more. Which leaves more money for eating out/activities!

Cons:
    • No luxury hotel things like room service, housekeeping, etc.
    • I've heard there is tension between hotel/condo people at Casa del Mar. This is my biggest worry but I am prepared to just let things roll off my back. And have another margarita! lol

#12 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
    • 402 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:44 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by KARLA
      It won't matter once you're there, I really can't wait! Are you excited?!?
      Can you believe how fast it is approaching? We still wonder where the time went!

After seeing the big picture, that taco stand is not sounding so bad! ha ha

I'm going to do some research on more affordable places to eat. I do remember seeing some postings in tripadvisor, etc... I'll let you know what I find.
      I'm so excited now! I bet you are too!!!

We're planning on going to Costco to save on breakfast/snack stuff so we can splurge more on dinners and drinks. We're normally good at metering out extravagances.

See attachment. I put the following list together from reviews on this forum and trip advisor. Maybe it will help.

Attached Files

MariaElena - 10/28/06
      Hilton / San Jose Catholic Church

#13 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
      • 402 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:46 AM

Janet, I like your thinking. Tammy (host) got us a great deal at Pueblo Bonito Rose (under $600 for 4 nights) so we feel we have more money on other things. PB Rose is a suites place with kitchen, so we'll put that to work too.
        MariaElena - 10/28/06

#14 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
        • VIP Member
        • 931 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 12:42 PM

sorry ladies! did not mean to freak you out about how much Cabo can cost. I am sure it can be cheaper, but C and I both like to drink and eat a lot so it was definitely more expensive for us. Also, those costs were based upon spending a lot of time at the resort, but obviously if you want to venture out and about you can do it for much less. And the cost per day also included any other costs such as boat trips, etc.

I would definitely recommend posting this question on tripadvisor. You may get totally different responses on there. I just figure it's best to err on the side of caution and budget too much rather than too little :)

Actually, there are some reviews on this page

http://www.tripadvis....alifornia.html

I see that one person estimated $150-$200 per day. I would say that's also reasonable. Again, it just depends on how much you plan to stay and eat at your resort and how much you plan to do there.

We picked up beer and snacks at CCC on our first day and that definitely saved us some money.

#15 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 6,996 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 01:37 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by TOESNTHESND
            We are staying at PB Sunset Beach for the first week, and would like a different hotel for the honeymoon. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is an AI good for the honeymoon?
            When we were at the Presidente and the Riu for our site visit, it seemed like the only other kinds of people that were there were honeymooners. We actually ran into an old high school classmate of Jeff's who was there on her honeymoon (what are the chances!?).
            I think it depends on what you had in mind for your honeymoon. If you want to spend most of your time enjoying eachother in your room, then go for something with knockout atmosphere (like Palmilla, Las Ventanas, or one of the other $$$$$ hotels). If you want to be out lounging at the pool, listening to party music, drinking ALOT, and going on excursions, stay somewhere like Riu Palace or another AI. Their rooms are pretty nice too, ours at the Riu had a beautiful view (see my Riu pics in the Cabo Accomodation folder). We actually have thought of going back there for our honeymoon we liked it so much.
            Either way, Cabo is so beautiful you will have a wonderful time. We just decided we would rather spend less $$ for the room and get a longer stay.

#16 Janet

Janet
            • VIP Member
            • 7,459 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:33 PM

Wow that is a great deal MariaElena. You will love it, I'm sure.

I am a frugal person, so I don't think I could fully enjoy a honeymoon if I was spending a ton of money. I would just have anxiety and enjoy it less, but that is due to my own crazy issues! (We all have them, right?) Now, if my inlaws were paying, I might just change my mind on that one!

#17 KARLA

KARLA
              • 373 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:59 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by NABUMBAH
                sorry ladies! did not mean to freak you out about how much Cabo can cost. I am sure it can be cheaper, but C and I both like to drink and eat a lot so it was definitely more expensive for us. Also, those costs were based upon spending a lot of time at the resort, but obviously if you want to venture out and about you can do it for much less. And the cost per day also included any other costs such as boat trips, etc.

I would definitely recommend posting this question on tripadvisor. You may get totally different responses on there. I just figure it's best to err on the side of caution and budget too much rather than too little :)

Actually, there are some reviews on this page

http://www.tripadvis....alifornia.html

I see that one person estimated $150-$200 per day. I would say that's also reasonable. Again, it just depends on how much you plan to stay and eat at your resort and how much you plan to do there.

We picked up beer and snacks at CCC on our first day and that definitely saved us some money.
                Oh okay, so the cost you gave was also for activities? We budgeted for those separately. Regardless, my FI seemed fine, and I'd rather be prepared than shocked during our honeymoon. I expect to stay at the hotel for quite a few of the meals, and I am expecting that to be very expensive.

Thanks again for posting. I honestly had NO idea how much our budget should realisticly be. I have heard Cabo was expensive, but I was not sure what that really translated to, so it's good to hear some examples. The ONLY reason I posted is because we had decided to put our money in with our financial planner and take out a chunk for honeymoon expenses. We needed to know SOME roundabout amount before doing that. Thanks again!

#18 KARLA

KARLA
                • 373 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 04:02 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MARIAELM
                  I'm so excited now! I bet you are too!!!

We're planning on going to Costco to save on breakfast/snack stuff so we can splurge more on dinners and drinks. We're normally good at metering out extravagances.

See attachment. I put the following list together from reviews on this forum and trip advisor. Maybe it will help.
                  Thanks!!! Again!!!
                  I'm going to wait to open the attachment until I can open it on my home computer. Hopefully I can add to it later on this week.

#19 MARIAELM

MARIAELM
                  • 402 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:12 PM

You're welcome!
                    MariaElena - 10/28/06

#20 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                    • 11,659 posts
                    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 17 October 2006 - 07:51 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by TOESNTHESND
                    We are staying at PB Sunset Beach for the first week, and would like a different hotel for the honeymoon. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is an AI good for the honeymoon?

what is your budget for honeymoon?
                    my suggestions:
                    • one and only palmilla
                    • las ventanas
                    • esperanza

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users