Ship OOT bags to resort???

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sarahkalabokes

• Site Supporter
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:33 AM

Just wanted to see what you ladies are doing with your oot bags. I would love to ship them to our resort (The Royal Cancun) rather than check them in a suitcase. Whats everyone doing?

#2 moonpalacebride

• 202 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:55 AM

My hotel won't allow me to ship stuff to them in advance, and I've also heard that it costs a fortune! I'd rather pay more for an extra bag and bring it down with me. That way I know everything will be there too. Hope that helps :)

#3 shellk

• 1,784 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 06:54 AM

i wouldnt ship anything.i think the best way for you to do it is either pay for extra luggage or split the bags up between the wedding party or friends.you can not guarantee that they will get there if you ship them or they may get held up in customs?

#4 SusieQ

• 1,603 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:05 AM

Oh hon... I think you will get some very strong advice to transport that stuff with you in your luggage. I know some of these ladies on this site have been around for a while and experienced or has heard horror stories of brides loosing their stuff or it getting caught at customs. I think there is a thread on this subject.... I am dragging two extra suitcases with me and I have given friends two more to bring.

#5 sarahkalabokes

• Site Supporter
          • 4 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:12 PM

thanks everyone. Looks like I'll be bringing them down with me.

#6 ddk5576

• 209 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:49 PM

I was wondering the same thing! Thanks for this thread!! :)

#7 Girasole

• 757 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:26 AM

I just flew this past week and it's a little pricey to also take extra bags. Make sure you check with your airline so you don't get hit with a ton of fees at the airline counter.
                Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

#8 Jananaz

• 184 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 07:44 PM

Hi Sarah,

My wedding was in August and I read some horror stories on here about shipping things from US to Mexico. We decided to bring our OOT bag stuff and wedding favors in our own luggage. We had a LOT of OOT stuff. Actually, what happened was, we loaded it all into a big Home Depot box, then upgraded to first class which gave us lots 3 bags each at 70 lbs each! Then we did Park n Fly at the airport, and basically never had to lift a finger with regard to that box again. The Park and Fly driver took it for us, then we checked it at the airport, then it was waiting for us in Cancun, then our shuttle driver took it for us, then it was passed to the resort valet people. :) Nice n easy, and a good excuse to upgrade to first class.

Good luck with your wedding. Congrats!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users