Hi Girls!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 FutureMrsK

FutureMrsK
  • 31 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:22 PM

Hi Girls!

My name is Adri...my fiance and I got engaged about a month ago, and since then my mind has been running wild with possible ideas for our wedding. Since our life is pretty hectic right now with so many changes (just graduated/moved to a new city/starting a new job/moving to a new home..AHHH) we've decided to have a long engagement and are planning for a wedding in June 2009. We haven't decided on a location yet, we were thinking Cabo but since my family is all in Florida, its just TOO EXPENSIVE! so now we are thinking the caribbean side of mexico, or some island in the carribean. So many choices it's hard to pick one!

#2 -Kate-

-Kate-
    • VIP Member
    • 7,676 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:24 PM

Welcome and congrats! I'm a cabo bride so I won't be much help, but there is tons of info on here of all the other locations.

#3 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:27 PM

welcome to the forum! you've come to the right place for help, there are brides getting married all over the place!

#4 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
        • VIP Member
        • 4,791 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:49 PM

Welcome! I'm also getting married in '09 - probably late May. :)

Have you checked out Riviera Maya, located about an hour south of Cancun? It's beautiful, we love Playa del Carmen. Good luck and

~ Jaime & Martin ~
          "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#5 FutureMrsK

FutureMrsK
          • 31 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:57 PM

I've been to Cancun and loved it, but I associate that city with spring break and partying, so I'm looking for something with a little less action and more romance...so RM is definitely on our list of possibilities.

#6 tvt

tvt
            • VIP Member
            • 4,812 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 08:59 PM

Welcome! Picking a destinatin is definitely hard! There are so many options! Let us know what you're looking for and i'm sure we can help!

#7 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:11 PM

Welcome, since Cabo is the only place in Mexico I've been too I'm not much help.. But hey if you change your mind on that, I'll be glad to offer some help.. :-)

#8 Spazz

Spazz
                • VIP Member
                • 10,482 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:14 PM

Congrats on your engagement. I'm getting married in Ocho Rios, Jamaica next May. There are a lot of Jamaica brides on here, so if you decide on that, we can definitely help you out!

#9 About2beMrsMartin

About2beMrsMartin
                  • 55 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 09:35 PM

to the forum!
                    I'm a Rivieria Maya bride (getting married at Aventura Spa Palace).
                    So if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

#10 lavalos

lavalos
                    • 261 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 01:35 AM

Congrats on the engagement! I understand why you're head is spinning--lots of info and choices to process. Don't worry, you'll get there. Enjoy this precious time and relish in your engagement!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users