is it a bad idea to have dinner on the beach??

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 simba1234

• 179 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:16 PM

I really want to have my rehearsaldinner on the beach at sunset and decorate with tiki torches. I think it will be a fun experience for everyone. It just occurred to me that it gets really breezy in cancun at night and that may be a problem with the food. Has anyone had dinner at night on the beach or attended someone else's?? Should I be concerned with the wind blowing sand in people's food??

#2 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:29 PM

I think you will be fine. Lots of people have dinner on the beach! I've never been to Cancun though but I've seen a bunch of girls on here with weddings and dinners on the beach.

I had our reception on the beach in Puerto Vallarta and it was amazing - people loved it.

#3 stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 4,853 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:56 PM

I think the beach will be fine, and will give your guests something they have never experienced before. Im not 100% positive on this, but I think that most of the beach dinners are done buffet style.
        Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#4 autjo

• 2,182 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 09:07 PM

A beach dinner sounds like fun. In Puerto Vallarta we had a bonfire on the beach and a private dinner on the beach and both were fabulous. Your guests will like whatever you decide!

#5 PaulSchrank

• Vendor
          • 237 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 12:23 AM

You won't have a problem with blowing sand but the breeze can be quite cold at night during the winter months. I wouldn't recommend it in January or February.

#6 KB&JC

• 70 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:22 AM

I was thinking about having a dinner on the beach! It sounds so beautiful!
              Dreams Cancun
              May 14, 2011
              Bride and Groom +37 booked and counting!!

#7 becks1581

• 477 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 11:00 AM

I can't speak from personal experience but I don't think that it's a bad idea at all. I actually picked the Royal in PDC b/c of all of the great things I heard about their beach reception. If you're concerned about the cold, you could consider giving inexpensive pashminas to your female guests as the wedding favor. I've been to the riviera maya in Jan and it was cool on the beach at night but would have been perfect dancing weather :-)

#8 daniepps

• 304 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 11:23 AM

I don't think it should be a problem. I've never been to a dinner on a beach but I would think if many people complained about sand in their food or too much wind, the resorts would stop offering dinners on the beach.

#9 simba1234

• 179 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 12:21 PM

thanks ladies! Feel so much better now. I also think it will be something cool that my guests have never experienced before. Most of my family/friends are coming from NYC and Texas so they've definetly never experienced that before, especially with the whole family together:)

My wedding is in April so i don't think it will necessarily be cold...it was more the wind blowing sand in the food that I was concerned with. I just went to Cancun two weeks ago for my site visit and there was an awesome breeze at night but it was not cold. It was just a nice warm breeze.

#10 egsarah

• 355 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 04:08 PM

We actually had a romantic dinner on the beach during our honeymoon and it was fine. It was REALLY windy and we had no problems with sand in our food. I'd say go for it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users