Photo

Best adhesive for invites

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#11 kpuckrin

kpuckrin
  • 258 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:19 PM

I used glue dots- you can get them at Michaels, and walmart I believe. They worked wonderfully for my matted pocketfold invites.

#12 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,569 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:24 PM

I used glue dots at the reccomendation of the paper store I bought my supplies at.

VERY easy to use. I am DIY challenged and was able to do it
      I did one in each corner

#13 indy_chic

indy_chic
      • 336 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:44 PM

Glue gun.....very easy to control.

#14 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,996 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:59 PM

Depending on how many you have to do, and how tough you need them to be, ATG tape is the best...

#15 carolina24

carolina24
          • 1,573 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:13 AM

I used rubber cement for my STDs and it was perfect, no air bubbles or wrinkles :)

#16 endlesslove

endlesslove
            • 362 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 12:22 AM

I bought a glue pen from WalMart. It has a blue glue inside that dries very fast, and isn't messy at all. I used it on my STD's and invitations and no problems with anything becoming unglued.

#17 JennCarlson

JennCarlson
              • 39 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:17 PM

Hi guys,

I bought a tape runner dispenser from Michael's, and it didn't seem to hold the cardstock together for any extended amount of time.  I am using it to hold the folded cardtock (110 lb) together to make a sleeve for my boarding pass invitations.  Any other suggestions?  Or a brand that is super strong?

Thanks!

#18 AllieH

AllieH
                • Resort/Area Ambassadors
                • 2,014 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
                • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
                • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 01 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

A couple of thoughts - are you using a bone folder to score and press down the folds? That might help the sleeve stick together a little better. I use a 3M brand adhesive in my tape runner, I find the regular stuff works well (the acid free stuff is good if you're doing photos, but doesn't hold as well as the regular type). 

I did have issues with the tape runner adhesive not holding when I did some little banners for straws - the tension was too much to get it to hold. I ended up switching to Judikin's Diamond Glaze, which worked like a charm. 

Glue Dots can work well too for small areas that you need to adhere. 

Originally Posted by JennCarlson 

Hi guys,

I bought a tape runner dispenser from Michael's, and it didn't seem to hold the cardstock together for any extended amount of time.  I am using it to hold the folded cardtock (110 lb) together to make a sleeve for my boarding pass invitations.  Any other suggestions?  Or a brand that is super strong?

Thanks!

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#19 Jenna1511

Jenna1511
                • 209 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:26 PM

This so useful! Thanks for sharing!

#20 JennCarlson

JennCarlson
                  • 39 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:32 PM

Hi Allie,

Yes my cardstock was pre-scored so folded nicely.  I ended up switching to those little double sided sticky squares used in scrapbooking for photos and those have worked well.  Thanks for all the suggestions.  Greatly appreciated!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users