• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#11 SusieQ

SusieQ
  • 1,603 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 05:32 AM

Hi lisa...
    Are you just beside yourself with excitement
    I did the gel nails for years and I stopped about 5 years ago because i had a problem with a set.. (whole other story)... I found that the gel nails always went weird with the sunscreen and they became soft and gooey. I found they also lifted when i went down south. That is just my experience with nails and down south.. after a day or two I had pretty crapping looking nails.. Good luck Hun

#12 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
    • 2,754 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:07 AM

I got a french manicure because it makes my nails look longer. I'm always on the computer for work so if my nails are long they just get in the way (at least in my opinion). Good luck with whatever you choose Lisa, I'm sure your nails will look fab!

#13 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
      • 2,287 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:12 AM

So I've decided to cancel my mani here in my city to have one at the resort, closer to the actual wedding. I'll most likely do a French, since I always love it when I get it done! Too many decisions, it's driving me nuts right now! lol

#14 Krista_H

Krista_H
        • 428 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 11:16 AM

Breathe girl!! You're going to look fabulous regardless. Your wedding is so soon!! So excited for you.

#15 aimee!

aimee!
          • 696 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:20 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by ~*Lisa*~
            So I've decided to cancel my mani here in my city to have one at the resort, closer to the actual wedding. I'll most likely do a French, since I always love it when I get it done! Too many decisions, it's driving me nuts right now! lol
            Sounds like a perfect plan.

Mine nails are always very short, but I bought some nail strengthener last night, and I'm hoping they grow out a little before the big day. I'm bringing the DIY stick-ons as a back up. Sounds silly, but I've used them a few times before and always think they end up looking great, even in pro photos.
            Wedding & TTD Slideshow (by Sascha Gluck)

#16 YaelM

YaelM

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 5,369 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 03:29 PM

I got a mani/pedi two days before the wedding and i did a bright red b/c i wanted the color to pop and its what i usually get on my nails when i get them done

#17 carolina24

carolina24
              • 1,573 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:29 AM

I would paint them natural b/c the ocean, sand, activities, etc will mess up a french manicure done back home and you might not like the way they do a french at the spa. My toes will definately be bright and tropical!

#18 Sycamore Tree

Sycamore Tree
                • 106 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 03:54 PM

I eat a lot of salmon and drink lots of water, so my nails are always long. I will do a french mani & pedi for my wedding. I do not like the look of fake nails.

#19 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
                  • 2,528 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:30 PM

I have really soft and brittle nails, but I am hoping to grow them out!! The mani closer to the date sounds better to me, it will be fresher!

Carly - really? Only on your feet not your hands? I have never had one on my toes, it looks pretty nice though! Maybe that will be my next endeavor!
                    Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#20 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 8,569 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:52 PM

I had bright pink on my toes to match my flowers and french on my hands that I got the morning of. Looked great in the pics!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users