for anyone that didn't get gel/acrylic nails

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:46 PM

Hi ladies!

I was just wondering what everyone did with their nails if you didn't get gel or acrylic nails. I haven't decided what to do yet! Should I leave them natural, paint them, get a french manicure?

What did you do?

#2 NaM

NaM
    • 2,256 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:47 PM

I got a manicure the morning of the wedding. I just did a natural color so my nails wouldn't stand out.

#3 Boston Bride 2009

Boston Bride 2009
      • 268 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:48 PM

I got a manicure/pedicure the afternoon before. I used OPI funny bunny which is my favorite. It's an opaque white that is very natural.

#4 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
        • 5,649 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:49 PM

Hey Lisa! :)

I got a French Manicure but for some reason I thought (at the time) that it would mean I would also be getting gel/acrylic nails so my nails were kind of on the short side when I went for my manicure and realized that it didn't include gel/acrylics lol. I liked my French Manicure a lot though and I would definitely recommend growing out your own nails a bit or to a length you like before going to get it done if that's what you choose.

#5 Jess

Jess
          • 4,455 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:57 PM

I got a mani/pedi the day before the wedding. just did a natural light pink on both.

#6 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 04:01 PM

I did a bright orange on my toes and hands b/c I can't have too much color. I love the look of a French, but only on my feet not on my hands.

#7 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
              • 1,326 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 04:17 PM

After much debate im going to go with the Kiss French Glue on Nails. But till recently i was planning on a french manicure. My nails are long im just very unlucky and always end up breaking one at the last minute lol! Didn't want it to look uneven for the wedding..

#8 Krista_H

Krista_H
                • 428 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 05:04 PM

That happens to me too kuteliya. I'm getting a gel overlay because I KNOW it will happen to me.

#9 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
                  • 2,287 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 05:43 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by kristaheer
                    That happens to me too kuteliya. I'm getting a gel overlay because I KNOW it will happen to me.
                    I tried that twice this past year and after a week, the gel keeps lifting. I have my appointment here for waxing/pedi 1 week before the wedding and I was going to do gel, but obviously it's not gonna happen for me!

#10 Krista_H

Krista_H
                    • 428 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 06:32 PM

Yikes that's not good. I'm going next week to start the process so I will have a chance before Feb to correct it, if it doesn't work.

Why do you say it's not going to work for you?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users