Photo

July 2010 Brides - How's the Planning Going?

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#71 cathyandchin

cathyandchin
  • 294 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:20 PM

My wedding is in 34 days and my brother in law & his parents still haven't booked their hotel yet!! WTF?! They already have air but no hotel!!

still need to get the cake topper, fans & make pomander for flower girl.

FI just now ordered his shirt from weddingtropics.com (yes, just NOW)

Need to edit my ceremony program and print out.

Also need to edit my passport books and print those out too!

I don't know if I'm going to run out of time or money first....
    http://tickers.Ticke....7ab3/event.png

18 adults + 2 kids booked + bride and groom

#72 tracy0716

tracy0716
    • 431 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:34 PM

My wedding is exactly 3 weeks away and the resort is driving me crazy!!! They sent my estimate and wedding details on Saturday and everything was wrong. The bill was at least $1300 more than it should be and a lot of the details were outdated and not what I want. I sent back a pleasant but direct email regarding the changes and questions I had, but still no answer!!! These decisions and the bill are supposed to be finalized this Monday but I don't see how this is possible if no one returns my emails. Needless to say, I am stressing!! I'm actually thinking I'm going to have to call corporate or something. Other than this huge mess I am really excited our wedding is so soon...I just hope all of this gets straightened out before I go crazy!!!

#73 Leigh17

Leigh17
      • 339 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 01:51 PM

This time next Friday, my ceremony will be over & we'll be finsihing up our cocktail hour & heading to the reception! I'm almost all packed. We leave Sunday morning. I can't wait!

#74 bahiabride2010

bahiabride2010
        • 997 posts

Posted 25 June 2010 - 10:59 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Leigh17
          This time next Friday, my ceremony will be over & we'll be finsihing up our cocktail hour & heading to the reception! I'm almost all packed. We leave Sunday morning. I can't wait!
          CONGRATS LEIGH!! You must be so pumped! All your hard work and planning coming together! I'm sure it will be a fabulous day!!

It's funny...my FI is really starting to get excited...he's almost giddy these days. I think it's just hitting him we're getting married in 12 days!

Just made my Welcome Booklet Tonight (going to Staples to see about printing tomorrow) and we finished our speeches!

Bachelourette Party tomorrow night...should be a blast!!

#75 *Krista*

*Krista*
          • 819 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 03:55 PM

LOL that's cute bahiabride. My FI is getting like that too. He actually stopped yesterday in the middle of our conversation and just looked at me and said "holy crap we are getting married in less than 14 days" LOL! I'm just like, yes we are, this is just hitting you now LMAO! Boys are so funny!
            July 10, 2010 ~ This was the day I married my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, and love... ~ Mrs. Allen

#76 Sheree10

Sheree10
            • 1,026 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:29 PM

My FI is also getting excited. After a year of planning, it's finally sinking in that we're getting married. He got his ring and has been showing it off to everyone. His colleagues had a little celebration for him at work and he was so estatic and happy about what they did for him.

A little off the topic but is anyone doing the civil cermony before you leave for the DW? Shhhhh... no one knows that we are getting married legally in a four days.
              http://tickers.Ticke....03cf/event.png

BRIDE + GROOM + 60 GUESTS!!

#77 Sheree10

Sheree10
              • 1,026 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:32 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Leigh17
                Ohhhhh! I'm excited for you. Leigh I wish you an amazing wedding day and weddingmoon! Enjoy every minute of it.

#78 Sheree10

Sheree10
                • 1,026 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:34 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by tracy0716
                  My wedding is exactly 3 weeks away and the resort is driving me crazy!!! They sent my estimate and wedding details on Saturday and everything was wrong. The bill was at least $1300 more than it should be and a lot of the details were outdated and not what I want. I sent back a pleasant but direct email regarding the changes and questions I had, but still no answer!!! These decisions and the bill are supposed to be finalized this Monday but I don't see how this is possible if no one returns my emails. Needless to say, I am stressing!! I'm actually thinking I'm going to have to call corporate or something. Other than this huge mess I am really excited our wedding is so soon...I just hope all of this gets straightened out before I go crazy!!!
                  Hopefully it will all come together! A lot of these resorts do so many weddings and they pull them off at the end.

#79 tracy0716

tracy0716
                  • 431 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:35 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Sheree10
                    My FI is also getting excited. After a year of planning, it's finally sinking in that we're getting married. He got his ring and has been showing it off to everyone. His colleagues had a little celebration for him at work and he was so estatic and happy about what they did for him.

A little off the topic but is anyone doing the civil cermony before you leave for the DW? Shhhhh... no one knows that we are getting married legally in a four days.

Our civil ceremony is July 7th! Only my mom and sister know...

#80 Sheree10

Sheree10
                    • 1,026 posts

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:38 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by tracy0716
                      Our civil ceremony is July 7th! Only my mom and sister know...
                      Ours is June 30. A few of FI's family members know but none of mine do.

Tracy- Just curious, which day will you consider your anniversary? The civil one or the DW?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users