July 2010 Brides - How's the Planning Going?

I can add a few things to my list that I've done since I last posted:

*booked venue for Buck & Doe (June 12)

* booked DJs for buck and doe and AHR

*decided to have BM dresses made

*ordered swatches of material

*created brochure, but still need to print (will do that when we have an idea of how many are attending DW)

*invitations are close to being ready to be printed (BM is making them - should go out in March)

*paid deposits for travel!!!! (this was the big one!)

*started registry at The Bay

*attempted to look at rings, but store of choice was closed

Ok, now I am just stretching for things .....but they're coming along!!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow girls everyone is doing awesome! Everyone has me blown out of the water on their progress.

All I've done is

- received my dress (doesn't fit, long story, thank GOD for alterations!)

- bought centerpieces

- Finished luggage tags

- Picked groomsmens outfits (our little nephews)

Argh. Ok, but i a week in a half, I'm headed to Denver for my 1st of two bachelorette parties and to pick out the girls outfits. I'm having the 1 bachelorette in Denver for my closest friends, one def cannot make it to MX, the other is still up in the air. The second will be in MX two days before the wedding! We're doing a catamaran, snorkeling, drinking etc. yay!

So I still have a lot to do. But I'm not worried. Just excited! We have 35 totally booked with 7 more RSVP'd that have not booked yet. Way more than I thought which is really great.

Happy planning ladies! The countdown is on for us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheree10 View Post
Great thread... one of my biggest fears is that I'm going to forget to do something really big.I can;t believe it's a little over six months. YIKES!!

Checks:
*Booked venue
*created wedding website
*Sent out STDâ€s and travel packet
*Booked Photographer
*Air and hotel booked, got TA for guests
*Got the dress
*shoes
*Ordered invites
*BD date set

To be done:
*Renew passport
*Pre-marital counseling
*Wedding Day Accessories
*Décor: paper stuff- table numbers, guest book/mat
*favors, oot bags?
*Groom, MOH, BM attire
*Plan Welcome gathering
*Playlist
*Dress alterations
*Marriage certificate paperwork
*wedding bands
*Work out
*cake, menu, centerpieces

There's so much to do!!
Our time will be here before you know it! I have a few additions to things I have done:

* renewed passport( got it back in record time- 2 wks!)
*completed draft of welcome booklet
*scheduled appt for first counseling session
*received invites
*purchased outfits for upcoming BD
*created gift registry

• 1 month later...

Ladies.... with only 3 months to go i just have to ask... is anyone starting to panic?? LOL! I cannot believe its just 3 months away now! I have so much done, it feels great. We have only minor details to go like picking up the guys outfits, alterations, and order the gifts.

35 people are booked, 15 more than we were expecting!!

How is everyone else doing?

I can't believe I missed this thread! I thought I was doing well but your lists are making me nervous. So far this is what I've done:

DONE

- Dress is ordered and in (next fitting in May)

- Booked wedding and set ceremony time with WC at Paradisus Palma Real

- Paid $500 deposit

- Booked flights/hotel

- Sent STDs

- Booked photographer

- Invitations (sent out last week)

- My ring (picked out FI's just need him to get sized and order it)

STILL TO DO:

- Find a MOH dress for my sister (she's a huge PITA!)

- Groom's attire

- Shoes (this is proving more difficult than I anticipate)

- OOT bags and welcome letter

- Music playlists

- Book hair/makeup

- Finalize cocktail hour and reception menus and the cake

- Finalize decor

- Finalize entertainment

Am I missing anythinghuh.gif I feel like I am!

Hey ladies,

I've seen this item - Pre-departure Brochure and Meet the Guest Page - but don't know what it actually is. I've never seen it at any of the weddings. Can someone please tell me what would go into the pre-departure brochure and how to get it to the guests. Also, I love the meet the Guests idea and I have that on my website but I doubt many people are going there to look.... What ideas do you have for Meet the Guestshuh.gif

OMG....OMG....the pressure is on!!!! :-(

pressure at work...pressure loosing weight...pressure with moving/relocating...pressure with this wedding. could I whine any louder.

Well here goes....

DONE!

• Travel & Accommodations booked! :-)
  • Book Reception location
  • Thank you for booking cards & travel package...in the mail
  • Ordered FI attire
  • Wedding Website / FB sites done!
  • Fans for programs
  • Wedding Theme & Color (this was a big deal for indecisive person like me)

TO-DO

• My DRESS & Accessories!
  • Book Photographer
  • Renew FI passport
  • Wedding Day Attire & Accessories
  • Order BM Attire
  • Order GMs Attire
  • Welcome gathering- what am i going to dohuh.gif?
  • Playlist
  • Finalize OTT bags & goodies
  • Welcome Book
  • Finalize pre-travel brochure
  • Finish assembling wedding favors
  • Reception Menu
  • Plan Bon Voyage Party

okay... let me just breathe!

done:

Paid for dress (fitting in June)

Paid for travel

Passports

Printed invites

Booked DJ

Appointment with county judge here for legal marriage

Still Not Done:

shoes- thinking about converse all stars or flip flops (no noise or noise?)

veil

sash for flowergirl dress

shoes for flower girl

music for special dances

FI's parents travel arrangements

outfits

10 more lbs

put together panel invites and mail

crap... i know both lists are seriously lacking!

TlC I hear you on the moving stress... FI and I are building a house right now. I feel sooo stressed between all of the planning and decisions for the house on top of the wedding. Plus it's looking like we're going to close around 2 weeks before the wedding. I'm dreading moving!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracy0716 View Post
TlC I hear you on the moving stress... FI and I are building a house right now. I feel sooo stressed between all of the planning and decisions for the house on top of the wedding. Plus it's looking like we're going to close around 2 weeks before the wedding. I'm dreading moving!
That's a lot to be dealing with all at once. My FI and I have our own places and I promised myself that I wouldn't start the house hunt or move before the wedding. I don't think I would be able to handle it all. But at least after the wedding you will be settled into your home. Best of luck!