Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
slkerr

Anyone having problems with Grand Palladium Jamaica?

Recommended Posts

Thanks so much for everyone's encouragement. I keep hearing that things pull together once you meet with the coordinator. I think we're finally making some headway with the plans...only 3 months to go and getting really excited to get out of this snowy cold weather!

Dave and I were engaged at the GP last March...we had such an amazing time at the resort, great food, fun people, beautiful locations and could go on....that we did decide to bring family and friends back to the same spot. So if there's anyone out there that has not yet visited the resort, and maybe a bit nervous, rest assured you have nothing to worry about as it's a fantastic place.

 

wedding:

April 9, 2010

4pm gazebo

Blue Lagoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by slkerr View Post
Thanks so much for everyone's encouragement. I keep hearing that things pull together once you meet with the coordinator. I think we're finally making some headway with the plans...only 3 months to go and getting really excited to get out of this snowy cold weather!
Dave and I were engaged at the GP last March...we had such an amazing time at the resort, great food, fun people, beautiful locations and could go on....that we did decide to bring family and friends back to the same spot. So if there's anyone out there that has not yet visited the resort, and maybe a bit nervous, rest assured you have nothing to worry about as it's a fantastic place.

wedding:
April 9, 2010
4pm gazebo
Blue Lagoon
It really is a relief to hear that.
You're getting married the day before me!!! We will definitely see each other there!smile159.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting married on May 3, 2010 @ 4pm in the Gazebo.

I'm unsure about the reception. Is the Blue Lagoon the private reception area?

Also, in regards to a florist and photographer I was under the impression that you had to use the ones supplied by the resorthuh.gif Is there options?

 

Thanks,

Melanie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel9956 View Post
I'm getting married on May 3, 2010 @ 4pm in the Gazebo.
I'm unsure about the reception. Is the Blue Lagoon the private reception area?
Also, in regards to a florist and photographer I was under the impression that you had to use the ones supplied by the resorthuh.gif Is there options?

Thanks,
Melanie
Yes the Blue Lagoon is the private reception area. I don't think we can use an outside florist but I have heard of many people using an outside photographer. The resort doesn't seem to mind as long as the outside photographer is not another local jamaican. Basically, the photographer will just need to be a guest of the hotel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffandmarv View Post
Yes the Blue Lagoon is the private reception area. I don't think we can use an outside florist but I have heard of many people using an outside photographer. The resort doesn't seem to mind as long as the outside photographer is not another local jamaican. Basically, the photographer will just need to be a guest of the hotel.
They charge $100 an hour for the Blue Lagoon with a 3 hour minimum.

I got quotes from a couple of florists. In the end, Tai flora was the cheapest overall. The others were cheaper for the boutonnieres only, in my case. I never asked the resort if I could have used another florist because I wanted Tai Flora. I do think it is important to get your quote directly from the florist. I worked with the florist directly and I made sure they gave me credit for the resort flower package that is included with the wedding at GP. I had to ask for the credit. They did not just offer it up. The reason I did it this way is because I heard that some WC's add a little something extra to the cost for themselves. I am not saying that the WC's at GP resort add anything to the cost of the flowers. I just wanted to make sure they did not.

I know of Brides that have used other local Photographers and just bought them a day pass without any problems. EX: Diana Campbell (dmcvideo@hotmail.com) is very reasonable and local. I think she quoted me $1200 for all day coverage and a TTD the next day. I hired Nora Bohanon (norabohanon@yahoo.com). She is US based and will travel to your destination wedding. The resort will say no outside local photographers. Just do not tell them you are hired them to work. Put them on your guest list and tell the resort that the resort photographer is not needed. You will be fine, no matter what you choose.

Happy Wedding Planning!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tiffandmarv and mswhatever,

Thanks for replying. I haven't received anything from the resort regarding flowers. Did you just choose what you wanted from the Tia Flora website? Did you contact the florist directly, or let the WC know? I'm getting married May 3 and haven't yet really made any major decisions regarding the wedding and now I'm starting to panic a little. I can't believe how organized everyone is!

So far we've got 20 people attending and I'm a little worried that maybe the blue lagoon is too big for a group of that size? I've read some other posts where others had 70 people in the same area for a private reception.

Also, I've been told that I have to have a set menu with the tropical package and I'm having issues deciding what I think 20 people will want to eat. Maybe I'll have to survey my guests....

 

Melanie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel9956 View Post
tiffandmarv and mswhatever,
Thanks for replying. I haven't received anything from the resort regarding flowers. Did you just choose what you wanted from the Tia Flora website? Did you contact the florist directly, or let the WC know? I'm getting married May 3 and haven't yet really made any major decisions regarding the wedding and now I'm starting to panic a little. I can't believe how organized everyone is!
So far we've got 20 people attending and I'm a little worried that maybe the blue lagoon is too big for a group of that size? I've read some other posts where others had 70 people in the same area for a private reception.
Also, I've been told that I have to have a set menu with the tropical package and I'm having issues deciding what I think 20 people will want to eat. Maybe I'll have to survey my guests....

Melanie
In regards to Tai Flora, I contacted them directly. I sent them a pic of a bouquet that I liked and asked them to put together a package around that bouquet. After I received the quote and the package they had put together for me, I began to make changes to better suit me.

I think a private reception is a must. They have 2 choices in this area, the Blue Lagoon (larger) or the Poseidon (smaller). I prefer the Blue Lagoon's view. I would not worry about the size of your party. I would pick the location that speaks to you.

I have not got to the menu choices in my planning yet. I do not think anyone really cares about the food. They are there to share your day. As they say in Jamaica, "no worries man!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In regards to the menu, I'm thinking of asking them to do a tasting plate of the 2 choices, rather than having to ask my guests what they want in advance. Who is going to want to know what they want to eat in 2.5 months?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ladies, I had emailed Lori about the flowers as well. This is what she had said, and she sent me an attachment of all the flowers. (I hope the attachment posts!)smile78.gif

 

 

"Please see attached floral magazine for your perusal. The bouquets that comes with the wedding packages are as follows: 128, 130, 149-164.

 

Lori Douglas

 

Wedding Coordinator

 

Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton Resort and Spa

Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort and Spa

The Point, Lucea P.O.

Hanover,

Jamaica W.I.

Telephone: 876 619 0000 extn 8251

Fax: 1876-620-0001

Email: weddingasst.jamaica@fiestahotelgroup.com"

 

 

 

Okay I keep trying to add it as an attachment, but I think it is just too big. blush2.gif I'm not sure what to do, any suggestions are welcome. In till then, Lori has been extremely helpful and patient with me. I'm sure if you e.mail her she will definitely send you the attachment of flower options. I'm sure you can have something else done s far as flowers..these are just the few that come with selective packages. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mel as far as your photographers I was told that we can bring our own photographers in to the resort. We are not allowed to hire out side Jamaican photographers. We are bringing ours with us instead of using the resorts. I have seen some of their photos. Some are great some are not so great. (We went to GPJ in June) To us, our photos are one of the most important things, because its really the only thing we get to bring back with us that is tangible as far as our wedding day/week. Plus I just really LOVE pictures! :)

 

Don't feel like your unorganized! I was under the impression that everything would be taken care of when we got to the resort as far as picking out things. Everything will be easy breezy! I do have to say though, that since the WC have changed so much, i find myself doing a lot of "pre picking" and asking a lot of questions to Lori. The wedding packages have changed dramatically since over 6 months ago when I saved our wedding date with a deposit.

 

alright ladies, It's late, I have got to get to bed. I hope some of these posts of mine make since to someone! lol. Happy planning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi my husband and I are renewing our wedding vows at dreams Punta cana resort and spot QE hace the ultimate dream package but it's very simple the resort is charging a whole lot for decorations any one ever bought their own decorations to the resort they also charge to put your decorations up.
    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
  • Topics

×