Dress & Hair/Veil Advice

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 moonpalacebride

moonpalacebride
  • 202 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:31 PM

Hi ladies!

So I've scoured this website trying to find any other brides who've done a short dress for their wedding days, and of course I can't find any! I guess my reasoning is that I've never really pictured myself on that day wearing a long gown! We're having a very low key ceremony with an even smaller reception (in our Presidential Suite at Moon Palace). I wanted to keep the wedding from being super formal, so I've chosen to have my dress inspired by the one below:

Moonlight Bridal - Product Details

If that didn't work, it's the T400 dress by Moonlight Bridal.

I will have a different strapless bodice completely (that one's just bunchy and weird). It'll be probably plain like the back, or a nicer version of the ever so popular Herve Leger dresses that you see everyone wearing these days. Oh, and please don't mind the model in this picture, she has a figure skating look going on that I'm NOT planning on replicating!!! . Nice hair right??!!

SO, my question to you very well-versed brides and brides to be is what on earth should I do with my hair?? I was thinking a small birdcage, or maybe just a flower. The flower might be a little much after seeing the skirt! I was also looking at very short veils.

My hair is shortish and I'll be keeping it half down, and a little curly.

If anyone could direct me to a site with pics of brides in shorter dresses, or just with nice veil options I'd be forever grateful!!!!!

Thanks in advance

#2 moonpalacebride

moonpalacebride
    • 202 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:32 PM

Oh, and I should also add that I'm much shorter than this model, and the dress will NOT BE THAT SHORT!

#3 DRB

DRB
      • 647 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:56 PM

So cute!!! I would definitely consider doing a birdcage veil with it, I think that it would look so chic!

#4 Ginalyn

Ginalyn
        • 2,754 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 12:02 AM

I like the idea of a bird cage veil too.

Or I think a simple headpiece/headband like this might look cute (but only if they body is more plain like you want it):
          Click the image to open in full size.

#5 moonpalacebride

moonpalacebride
          • 202 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 01:33 AM

Thanks for responding! I found a DIY birdcage thread and am going to start it ASAP!

#6 shellk

shellk
            • 1,784 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 04:59 PM

great dress.i think a birdcage would look great with that style dress.then like you say just rough curly hair

#7 islandbride317

islandbride317
              • 1,866 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:07 PM

I'm gonna go against the grain on this one...

I say for a fun, unexpected twist it might be really interesting to combine a short gown with a long veil?!?!

It would be both modern and traditional all at the same time, and really give you that finishing "bridal" touch!

Just a thought

#8 moonpalacebride

moonpalacebride
                • 202 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:58 AM

Oooh I never even thought of a long veil, but I like trying new stuff, I'll definitely see what it looks like!

Thanks guys

#9 bearbunny

bearbunny
                  • 183 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 10:42 PM

i love the dress..I think a long veil would be very classy - see what it looks like for sure.

#10 vdaybride

vdaybride
                    • 1,412 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 12:17 AM

Great dress!
                      Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users