Sparkles8300

Leslie's Planning Thread 12-4-09!! *LONG & PIC HEAVY*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles8300 View Post
OHH, sorry about that! They did all of that lighting etc.. without me even asking for it! I was just expecting a band in the sand with a bonfire and small bar. Yes, they did rope off the whole area with the lights all around the sand to create a dance floor area and they set up colored light posts wrapped in white fabric that looked BEAUTIFUL..it really did not turn out in the pics, but it looked amazing. The WC coordinated all of that and it was included in the price of the band/bonfire (band was $563 for 1.5hrs and bonfire was $504 for 1.5hr the bar was $15pp for 1.5hrs) They took it on themselves to set up all of the extras---stage, lights, disco ball, cocktail tables, chairs,etc.. I think they did all of this for me b/c I was very nice to them and really communicated to them and was organized, which made their job easier. The more you have planned out, the better your wedding will be, becasue then they have the time to work out the extras!!

Some of the brides that got married during my stay, did not have a wedding that went nearly as smoothly, because they did not have the detailed planning etc.. that us girls from this forum have. We saw two really bad weddings one at the Suites and one at the Grand, but my WC said those girls did not have anything planned and had not communicated with them at all before their arrivals.
Wow! That is fantastic! I'm so glad to hear that the WC's are so helpful and accommodating. I hope my experience is as great as yours. I will definitely be super organized and communicate with them a lot. I have to hold myself back from harassing them, I dunno how those brides did not even talk to theirs before showing up!! eek.gif

How was your cake? You said the resort did it?

Quote:
It will not let me upload the templates. If you send me your email, I will email it to you. As for the fans, I got them from Oriental Trading (it was the cheapest) and they were all suppose to be medium but they were all TOTALLY different sizes. I mean super small and then large. So, I had the WCs set it up as every other row large and then small, so each row had the same size. My friend is holding up one of the small ones.
Thanks Leslie!!! I was also thinking of ordering from Oriental Trading, but maybe I'll just order all the small ones from another vendor, they look like the size I was hoping for! My email is jerimarine@hotmail.com , Thanks in advance for the Template!!! Really appreciate your help and Congrats again on a beautiful wedding:)

Quote:
Lisa,

Yes, the WCs set that up for me. They had 4 of the tall lights coverd in sheets in different colors. Then they roped off a huge dance floor area with rope lights. It look amazing but you can't really see how great it looked in the pics.
That is so helpful to know that they can do that! One less thing for me to worry about now :)

Leslie, Thank you for writing such a detailed review. It was awesome! I am totally stealing your menu headings too: First Date,Courtship, Marriage, & Honeymoon! LOVE it!

You looked great and so happy that everything went off without a hitch. Good tip though on being super organized b/d you saw other less successful weddings. I need a reminder to stay on track.

Who was your Travel Agent you gave a D- to? Just curious since mine is in MD too.

Cheers

Amy