Reception .. yes/no?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Tifany

• 248 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by BakersGirl
    We booked a private sunset cruise that we are using as our reception. We thought that the cruise was 2-fold. It gave us a super private reception and it also provided something nice for our guests being it was a private excursion at no cost to them! Let me know if you need more info. We are super excited about it! Good Luck!
    That's a really cute idea. Who did you book through?

#22 BakersGirl

• 324 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:02 PM

We booked through our Miami WC.....It was $750 for the first 6 guests and $75 p/p after that. We are only having 10 ppl total. It is a 3 hour cruise that includes beverages, light hors d'ouevres, and music! The WC told me we will leave at 4:30, cruise along the Jamaican coast and then go out to follow the sunset. After sunset will will make our way back. Once we get back we will have dinner as a group and party the night away! We didn't like the other reception ideas, so this caught our eye. It provides a special treat for our guests. Let me know if you have any other questions!
      Kelly & Michael
      May 2, 2010

#23 vdaybride

• 1,412 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:08 PM

I would have some sort of gathering for the guests. Like you said you have a big group. I can't imagine traveling a long way for a wedding and spending money to be there and then after the wedding the bride and groom wave goodnight and walk into the sunset..lol. If it is only a dinner or a cocktail hour, IMO you owe it to your guest to spend some time with them after the ceremony. Good luck with your decision
        Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#24 Emmers

• 178 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:14 PM

Tough call, but if I've learned anything about this whole process...it's your day so do whatever you want. I guess the one thing to consider is that if a lot of people are coming all that way to spend your day with you, they may want to celebrate with you as well

#25 bnbrmy

• 218 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 11:41 PM

I would say maybe do a little thing buy the pool or something. Maybe you could just do finger foods?.. and play some music on an ipod or something. We are doing ours on a budget so we aren't planning anything amazing, just something simple, due to funds. But since everyone is spending money to go I would at least do a little something to thank them for being there. A cooler full of drinks and some snacks by the pool sounds like something do-able. Not as much as having a full dinner and everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users