Photo

iPod Questions

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 TOESNTHESND

TOESNTHESND
  • 486 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:19 PM

The party for his father is inside. Our reception both inside and a huge patio. The dance floor is inside though, its on the 3rd floor overlooking the ocean @ La Nao.

#12 gkashmira

gkashmira
    • 1,962 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 08:54 PM

FYI: Emeline at the Hilton has medium size sound systems where the iPod connects for $245/night! And if you want to hire someone to run it i'ts only $40/hour.. a lot cheaper than the DJs...
      Kashmira & Dan
      Happily married since June 16, 2007
      http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
      Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
      Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#13 SASSYGIRL

SASSYGIRL
      • 1,188 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 04:02 PM

My FI has an IPOD but I really don't know much about how they work - so sorry if this is a lame question but...

for those of you who have used or are planning on using an IPOD for your reception.....

Is there a way that we could share song lists?

Is it possable to burn a CD and send it to each other so that we wouldn't need to redo the same work over and over again?

If so, we could have a thread of who has the CD last and then we could pay the shipping to send it to the next person on the list or something?

I know that everyone will have slightly different music taste but for the most part I we are probably going to be looking for the same types of songs. I am sure you could edit the order or list prior to setting it up on your IPOD so that if someone had songs you didn't care for you wouldn't have to use them.

THIS MIGHT NOT WORK AT ALL - JUST SOMETHING I WAS THINKING ABOUT...Let me know you thoughts
        Sarah's little girl-Isabella Nicole-10/31/08
        http://i83.photobuck....sabella034.jpg

#14 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
        • VIP Member
        • 11,403 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 04:08 PM

So, because everybody probably runs different versions of software for their ipods (Musicmatch, itunes), that would probably be difficult because there are so many different file formats out there. However, I have definitely found it helpful when other brides post their song lists, that's the hardest part for me is selecting a nice mix of music. Your FI probably has this one under control :)

#15 SarahMc

SarahMc
          • 146 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 04:19 PM

We're going to go the Ipod/bring speakers route because after I said how much a DJ was and what they would do, James said no way. We're probably not going to dance or have the traditional dances anyway. James has no rythym so it just depends on how much he has to drink...He's in charge of the music, but I would love it if people posted their song lists - it would give him a starting point since he was threatening to put Korn on the list earlier this week...

Sarah M
            Sarah & James
            Dreams Los Cabos
            June 28, 2007

#16 A10CalGal

A10CalGal
            • VIP Member
            • 11,403 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 04:21 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by SarahMc
              We're going to go the Ipod/bring speakers route because after I said how much a DJ was and what they would do, James said no way. We're probably not going to dance or have the traditional dances anyway. James has no rythym so it just depends on how much he has to drink...He's in charge of the music, but I would love it if people posted their song lists - it would give him a starting point since he was threatening to put Korn on the list earlier this week...

Sarah M
              Ha! Korn...not quite wedding-ish, huh? I know that Karla & Tammy posted their song lists somewhere here...see if I can find it.

OK, here's the link to that thread http://bestdestinati....com/forum/t985

#17 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 25 November 2006 - 04:26 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by SASSYGIRL
              Is there a way that we could share song lists?

Is it possable to burn a CD and send it to each other so that we wouldn't need to redo the same work over and over again?

If so, we could have a thread of who has the CD last and then we could pay the shipping to send it to the next person on the list or something?
              THIS MIGHT NOT WORK AT ALL - JUST SOMETHING I WAS THINKING ABOUT...Let me know you thoughts
              there is a thread about songlists to give everyone inspiration here... "Must Have" Wedding Songs

also, alot of the songs are files, we could probably share a cd but i am not familiar with how to share the files..

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#18 SarahMc

SarahMc
              • 146 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 04:33 PM

Thanks Christa and Tammy, I just went and looked at. I'll have to print out the lists for James and I truly hope he was joking about Korn!
                Sarah & James
                Dreams Los Cabos
                June 28, 2007

#19 NHPT

NHPT
                • 3,848 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 06:38 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by gkashmira
                  jackie - how much do the speakers cost? i can't imagine they'd be as expensive as renting them! It's ridiculous. may esaid the price is:

$150/ hour for system
                  $75 for microphone (I htnk this is flat but I'm not entirely sure)
                  $60 technician to set it up (again i hoe this is for the night and not per hour!)

A DJ is quoted by maye as $215/ hour so 5 hours =$1075

So for an extra $190 I guess we coul dhave someone sitting there running our iPod instead...

Christa - do you think the speakers are loud enough to compete over the surf? I'm just nervous the music will be lost in the air if we don't get a big sound system. BUT it sounds like it was verysuccessful at your party!

Toes - I can't wait to hear if it works at your dad's 60th! Are you having an outdoor party?
                  kash- that is RIDICULOUS- i think mariana quoted me $150 or $200 for the entire night (i would have to check for the exact cost) and that includes speakers and microphone- my young cousin will sort of be in charge of it- but its pretty easy. but i know april had a problem with this when erika was at Dreams. Erika told her $150 for the whole night and then when she got her bill it was $150/HOUR- luckily April brought print out of all her emails and got the system for $150/night.
                  Destination Wedding Cabo San Lucas (3-29-07) Proud Momma to Avery (3-21-08) and Gracyn (10-12-10)

#20 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
                  • 1,430 posts

Posted 25 November 2006 - 06:46 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by NHPT
                    kash- that is RIDICULOUS- i think mariana quoted me $150 or $200 for the entire night (i would have to check for the exact cost) and that includes speakers and microphone- my young cousin will sort of be in charge of it- but its pretty easy. but i know april had a problem with this when erika was at Dreams. Erika told her $150 for the whole night and then when she got her bill it was $150/HOUR- luckily April brought print out of all her emails and got the system for $150/night.

reall?? mariana quoted me 160 per hour!!! That is crap!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users