iPod Questions

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

My FI has an IPOD but I really don't know much about how they work - so sorry if this is a lame question but...

for those of you who have used or are planning on using an IPOD for your reception.....

Is there a way that we could share song lists?

Is it possable to burn a CD and send it to each other so that we wouldn't need to redo the same work over and over again?

If so, we could have a thread of who has the CD last and then we could pay the shipping to send it to the next person on the list or something?

I know that everyone will have slightly different music taste but for the most part I we are probably going to be looking for the same types of songs. I am sure you could edit the order or list prior to setting it up on your IPOD so that if someone had songs you didn't care for you wouldn't have to use them.

THIS MIGHT NOT WORK AT ALL - JUST SOMETHING I WAS THINKING ABOUT...Let me know you thoughtselefant.gif

So, because everybody probably runs different versions of software for their ipods (Musicmatch, itunes), that would probably be difficult because there are so many different file formats out there. However, I have definitely found it helpful when other brides post their song lists, that's the hardest part for me is selecting a nice mix of music. Your FI probably has this one under control :)

We're going to go the Ipod/bring speakers route because after I said how much a DJ was and what they would do, James said no way. We're probably not going to dance or have the traditional dances anyway. James has no rythym so it just depends on how much he has to drink...He's in charge of the music, but I would love it if people posted their song lists - it would give him a starting point since he was threatening to put Korn on the list earlier this week...

Sarah M

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahMc View Post
We're going to go the Ipod/bring speakers route because after I said how much a DJ was and what they would do, James said no way. We're probably not going to dance or have the traditional dances anyway. James has no rythym so it just depends on how much he has to drink...He's in charge of the music, but I would love it if people posted their song lists - it would give him a starting point since he was threatening to put Korn on the list earlier this week...

Sarah M
Ha! Korn...not quite wedding-ish, huh? I know that Karla & Tammy posted their song lists somewhere here...see if I can find it.

OK, here's the link to that thread http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t985

Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSYGIRL View Post
Is there a way that we could share song lists?

Is it possable to burn a CD and send it to each other so that we wouldn't need to redo the same work over and over again?

If so, we could have a thread of who has the CD last and then we could pay the shipping to send it to the next person on the list or something?
THIS MIGHT NOT WORK AT ALL - JUST SOMETHING I WAS THINKING ABOUT...Let me know you thoughtselefant.gif
there is a thread about songlists to give everyone inspiration here... "Must Have" Wedding Songs

also, alot of the songs are files, we could probably share a cd but i am not familiar with how to share the files..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkashmira View Post
jackie - how much do the speakers cost? i can't imagine they'd be as expensive as renting them! It's ridiculous. may esaid the price is:

$150/ hour for system
$75 for microphone (I htnk this is flat but I'm not entirely sure)
$60 technician to set it up (again i hoe this is for the night and not per hour!)

A DJ is quoted by maye as $215/ hour so 5 hours =$1075

So for an extra $190 I guess we coul dhave someone sitting there running our iPod instead...

Christa - do you think the speakers are loud enough to compete over the surf? I'm just nervous the music will be lost in the air if we don't get a big sound system. BUT it sounds like it was verysuccessful at your party!

Toes wink.gif - I can't wait to hear if it works at your dad's 60th! Are you having an outdoor party?
kash- that is RIDICULOUS- i think mariana quoted me $150 or $200 for the entire night (i would have to check for the exact cost) and that includes speakers and microphone- my young cousin will sort of be in charge of it- but its pretty easy. but i know april had a problem with this when erika was at Dreams. Erika told her $150 for the whole night and then when she got her bill it was $150/HOUR- luckily April brought print out of all her emails and got the system for $150/night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHPT View Post
kash- that is RIDICULOUS- i think mariana quoted me $150 or $200 for the entire night (i would have to check for the exact cost) and that includes speakers and microphone- my young cousin will sort of be in charge of it- but its pretty easy. but i know april had a problem with this when erika was at Dreams. Erika told her $150 for the whole night and then when she got her bill it was $150/HOUR- luckily April brought print out of all her emails and got the system for $150/night.

reall?? mariana quoted me 160 per hour!!! That is crap!