Photo

I'm in tears!!!! I can't believe someone would be so mean!!!!

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#11 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
  • 3,103 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:42 PM

That's so rude!! Joking or not, it's totally inappropriate, ESPECIALLY since it was anonymous! I'd tell my FI, for sure!

#12 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:46 PM

Sadly, I have seen similar things happen before. If you are offended enough (which you have every right to be!), I think you can contact your wedding site host and find the IP address. Then you can do an IP search and find out who it was. It might be more trouble then it's worth. I'd probably just delete the comment and then change your privacy settings so that only people who provide valid emails can post. I'm so sorry that someone was such a jerk though. Sadly, people are jealous and it makes them do mean things.

ETA: I think you might be able to ban that IP address from viewing your wedding site too. I would DEF report this to your posting site and see what they suggest.

#13 JuneWeddingDreams

JuneWeddingDreams
      • Banned
      • 313 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:15 PM

Wow...you have to almost feel sorry for someone like that. They have more problems than you think if they think its okay to do that. I wouldn't waste too many tears on someone like that. Karma...what does around comes around...you have to believe that!
        Rob and Lindsey

24 Booked + Bride and Groom

www.mywedding.com/robandlindseypearson

#14 Melidell

Melidell
        • 1,091 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:07 PM

That's too bad. Some people just don't have a clue at all. Whoever it is is a complete coward or they would have signed their name. I agree with everyone who said to just delete it or have the site host delete it and then focus on all of the people who wish you well. Do your best to not let one comment from some petty idiot overshadow all of the warm wishes that you've received.
          Loving married life!

#15 PetitRouge

PetitRouge
          • 174 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:09 PM

That is horrible. I mean honestly, who would even do that..ugh... Try and focus on all the positive. I would have a hard time not telling my FI especially if I thought it was one of his friends who was the culprit.

#16 Girasole

Girasole
            • 757 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:32 PM

Well that just stinks that someone would do that.
              Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

http://www.brilliant....island-escape/

#17 nsbride2010

nsbride2010
              • 2,528 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:39 PM

I agree with Carly... see what can be done to either find out the IP address to block it, or adjust settings so anonymous messages cant be left. More often than not you can delete the comment, and you should do that as well! Tell your FI about it, maybe he can shed some light on the subject!!

Whatever you do, don't let it bother you... its just someone who is jealous and mean-sprited; but its also someone who is a coward, since he or she didn't leave a name!!
                Enjoying marital bliss since July 1st, 2010

#18 jk1101

jk1101
                • 2,582 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:42 PM

It's just awful that someone would put that - joke or not. I agree with Carly that you should go to the site admin and get the IP address and also with KittenHeart - tell your FI - if it was the other way around and he was upset about something, I'm sure you'd want to know, right?
                  People are so immature and insensitive sometimes...I'm sorry you had to deal with this today.

#19 HereFishie

HereFishie
                  • 386 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:43 AM

I"m so sorry to hear someone was so rude and unfeeling. I had something similar happen but I know who it was (and it was family)... not knowing for sure makes it worse. No matter how you try and logic it, it still hurt.

#20 classadiva

classadiva
                    • 685 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:21 AM

Oh...that's terrible. Don't let this person spoil this time for you. What a mean-spirted and petty coward!!! Not to mention immature!!! Just delete the comment or have it deleted and see if you can ban that IP address from getting onto the site as many have suggested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users