How Important Is Your Bling To Your Marriage

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#11 tvt

tvt
  • VIP Member
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:48 AM

you're so right, it's totally a pride thing. last weekend joe drug me out with his friends when i was feeling like i was going to vomit all over JUST so HE could show off the ring he got me. it was so silly and redicolous, but just goes to show, you're right; it's the pride.

#12 -Kate-

-Kate-
    • VIP Member
    • 7,676 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:49 AM

I voted that you should stop thinking about it, when it happens it happens. I know that when Brett and I graduated college I really wanted to get married - but it didn't happen. Now, 7 years later it's happening and it's the perfect time.
      You need to not stress so much about when it happens. I know, easy to say when you have the bling, but it's true. All this time you are stressing about when it will happen is time you aren't focusing on the actual relationship and how great it is. Just step back, say "I have an amazing man who loves me and isn't going anywhere", and let go. Once you do that, the proposal will come.

My second choice is get married without the ring. Rings are great and shiny, but they don't mean anything with respect to the vows and the promises you make. It's just a symbol - nothing more.

#13 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 6,996 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:52 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by LALA
        I voted that you should stop thinking about it, when it happens it happens. I know that when Brett and I graduated college I really wanted to get married - but it didn't happen. Now, 7 years later it's happening and it's the perfect time.
        You need to not stress so much about when it happens. I know, easy to say when you have the bling, but it's true. All this time you are stressing about when it will happen is time you aren't focusing on the actual relationship and how great it is. Just step back, say "I have an amazing man who loves me and isn't going anywhere", and let go. Once you do that, the proposal will come.

My second choice is get married without the ring. Rings are great and shiny, but they don't mean anything with respect to the vows and the promises you make. It's just a symbol - nothing more.

So true, and perfectly said Kate.

#14 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 24,768 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:53 AM

total pride thing. guys may roll their eyes when girls gather around to look at the ring, but they love the "ooohhhs" and "ahhhhhs" just as much, if not more, than we do.

of course i love my ring, and I too stare at it often. but i'd have married paul with a twist tie if i needed to. and i was all ready for the courthouse! i might be a little different - i wanted a ring, i needed a ring - it's the symbolism i think. but, that ring could have been a $20 ring from Target for all i cared. they sell some really nice silver rings in a lot of places if that's really the only issue here.

#15 TammyB

TammyB
          • 10,630 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 10:54 AM

Kate that is soooo true. When Cain and I first started dating he told me he never wanted to get married because he didn't know of anyone that wasn't divorced. SO from the very start I pretty much thought we were going to be dating for the rest of our lives, the first time he mentioned to me "marriage" i was shocked.. My point is, all I cared about was that I was going to spend the rest of my life with the man I loved regardless if he was my boyfriend, or husband.

#16 LadyP

LadyP
            • 3,156 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:04 AM

He wants to get the Tiffany Novo ring .http://tiffany.com/e....novo&ring=novo
              I would love to put this in the faces of all the woman sniffing around him but I TRULLY DONT CARE we can go to walmart and get a ring he can put string on my finger. I just feel like things are stagnant and that is the only thing it can be.

#17 Sarah

Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 6,996 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:08 AM

I LOVE the Tiffany Novo...that's an awesome ring.

OK, Catherine. I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds here, but please don't think that if things are stagnant that getting married is going to make them better. Please don't make that mistake. I have 2 friends that have pushed their DH's into getting married, and things are still not going well. One is getting divorced. Not saying that is going to happen to you, but I just don't think that getting married will make a relationship better, if it isn't already doing well.

What makes you say things are stagnant?

#18 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 24,768 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:13 AM

I have to agree with Sarah - getting married doesn't fix issues in a relationship. Make sure things are how you wnat them to be between you two, and then get married.

#19 LadyP

LadyP
                  • 3,156 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:14 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by TammyB
                    Kate that is soooo true. When Cain and I first started dating he told me he never wanted to get married because he didn't know of anyone that wasn't divorced. SO from the very start I pretty much thought we were going to be dating for the rest of our lives, the first time he mentioned to me "marriage" i was shocked.. My point is, all I cared about was that I was going to spend the rest of my life with the man I loved regardless if he was my boyfriend, or husband.

That is where I am. Since is divorce he would never get married have children. Just a manwhore was his claim to to fame..

But when we had our son and he began talking marriage I been all and I can not contain it.

So to keep peace in the house I chat with you all and save peace in the home

#20 LadyP

LadyP
                    • 3,156 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 11:16 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by AQHARIDER
                      I LOVE the Tiffany Novo...that's an awesome ring.

OK, Catherine. I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds here, but please don't think that if things are stagnant that getting married is going to make them better. Please don't make that mistake. I have 2 friends that have pushed their DH's into getting married, and things are still not going well. One is getting divorced. Not saying that is going to happen to you, but I just don't think that getting married will make a relationship better, if it isn't already doing well.

What makes you say things are stagnant?
                      WE are not at each others throats there is much much romance and date nights and things of that nature. I just feel that there is no where else for us to go. We have the house, looking at another, we have the kid and will not be having another, we still have spark we communicate so it is the next step.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users