A Bridesmaid Question

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 01:01 AM

Ok until I saw that this is not a DW then I would say I totally agree with "TheFutureMrs.Sears" It is customary to cover your cost of your plate and your guests plate. So usually at a wedding my gift is between $250-$300. The role of a BM/MOH comes with these costs. Sorry I know its a bummer sometimes but in the end the bride will be thankful! and Im sure she is very grateful right now!

#22 hat0112

• 1,219 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 08:59 AM

I ended up giving the couple $100. I think that was fair. I understand being a BM is expensive and you end up spending a lot of money but maybe if we were close then it might have been more.
      Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#23 KelZavs20

• 301 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:04 AM

You should not feel obligated to give, and the bride should not expect to get!
        My bridesmaids have put out mucho bucks as well (i did not pay for dress, or hotel or airfair) but i am planning on giving them a really nice gift, as well as some beauty salon time! And, i do not expect any sort of gift from them, they have done so much already!

#24 AishaB

• 2,350 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:05 AM

I agree with the ladies, personally I wouldn't give anything and as a bride I wouldn't expect anything. That's a lot of money that you have already put out for this wedding. But it also rests on what you can afford. If you can afford to give a monetary gift in addition to what you have already spent, then go right ahead, however, if you cannot, then I really wouldn't worry about it. I am sure that they will understand.
          BDW the best place for my TYPE A personality!

#25 june92012

• 151 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:05 AM

I'd have to agree with the ladies as well

#26 liz24

• 209 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 13, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Riviera Maya

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:27 AM

You've done plenty!

#27 LiannaBanana

• 154 posts
            • Wedding Date:April 1, 2015
            • Wedding Location:Royalton Punta Cana
            • LocationToronto, ON

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:24 AM

I agree with everyone. I wouldn't expect anything, especially since you've done so much already!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users