Sign in to follow this  
BagLover21

HELP! Booked at El Dorado Royale but intrigued by Royal Playa Del Carmen

Ladies,

Until today I have been so excited about EDR. I happened to stumble across pictures and information about weddings at The Royal Playa Del Carmen and I find myself now in turmoil.

I have 70 guests booked at EDR. They've paid a deposit with destinationweddings.com. I've also paid our wedding deposit (date is August 7, 2010). Even if I wanted to switch, would it be the biggest logistical nightmare everhuh.gif Does anyone know if the Royal is more expensive than EDR?

Maybe I'm just getting the "coulda woulda shoulda's." I chose EDR because I loved it. But don't really know how to deal with this new attachment I'm building the Royal.

Please help!!!

I wish I could be more help, but I am the SAME way! I have changed my mind a million times! My wedding is August 7th too at Le Blanc!! Maybe make out a pros and cons list and see if it is worth it. I would think that if you booked through an agent you would be able to transfer the down payments. But if the people have booked, I do not know. What about honeymooning at the new place you like? Have you compared them on trip advisor? EDR looks very cool!! It looks like they are very similar in cost. What is drawing you to Royal and what drew you to EDR?

I went back and forth a million times and finally just had to settle. I think that you and your guests will be super happy with your decision in the long run. It's not worth getting all stressed out about it. All of these hotels are really nice all inclusives...so the little differences aren't going to be that noticeable. I've heard awesome things about EDR. I'm sure you'll love it!

Don't switch it!

I know someone who goes there 2-3X a year and LOVES it! I would so have done EDR but they don't allow kids. She loves the service and people there too! Switching will make things very complicated and confusing to your guests. You've picked a great place!

thanks so much for the words of advice ladies!!! i think that sometimes being a bride can be so overwhelming b/c there are so many options! i just have to remember that i loved EDR for a reason and so did my guests!

I'm sticking with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefuturemrslutz View Post
Congrats on getting 70 people booked!!! That's awesome!! If you don't mind me asking, how much are your guests paying to attend, including rooms and airfare?
hi there,

i worked with destinationweddings.com and negotiated a discounted group rate b/c of the size of our party. single rooms are $671 total and double/triple rooms are $520 per person. guests are booking their airfare on their own but flights from atlanta to cancun (where i am) were $260 last week. so i would say on average they're paying around $1k.

i hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Medina View Post
No need for cold feet at all! El Dorado Royale is such a fantastic location, I wish I were there right now! Here are a couple of my most recent slideshows from the EDR, hope they remind you what a beautiful wedding location you chose.

Linda and John

Camille and Chris

Lauren and Ryan

best wishes!

Elizabeth
Elizabeth these are phenomenal. And truly helped me feel so great about my choice!