Photo

Hot Chocolate: What kind do you drink?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 jenninjamaica

jenninjamaica
  • 547 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 09:23 PM

I LOVE Timmy's of course! (I am Cdn!) But you could probably buy a good mix from any coffee shop, like Starbucks. They are probably better quality than the Swiss Miss. Also, for extra creaminess (is that a word?? LOL) use milk, it makes it way better!

I love Candy Cane Hot Chocolate too!!!!
    *~*JENN*~*

#22 vlynnw

vlynnw
    • 6,003 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:07 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by carly

Would you share how you make it? I would totally be into making my own if you wouldn't mind sharing. I'd rather do that then purchase any, I just never even thought about it before. Hmmm, off to search for recipes now.

ok I have the ingredients but sadly no proportions, my mother does not measure anything...but here are the ingredients that she told me she uses. If I can get her to give me an estimate on how much of each I'll post that later.

powdered milk
      coco mix
      powdered sugar
      powdered creamer
      Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#23 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:12 PM

Oh cool, thanks! Proportions would be great!

#24 boscobel

boscobel
        • VIP Member
        • 24,213 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 05:15 PM

Just wanted to update on the two that I have tried since starting this thread...

I bought my husband one of those Keurig pod coffee machines and I tried the hot chocolate that came with it. Eh. It was ok, but not great.

I also bought "Winter" from Crate & Barrel and tried that for the first time yesterday. OMG, it was reallllly good. Like dangerously good. The only problem is that you use 3 tablespoons per 1/2 of water. That's like 4 sips of hot chocolate. And it's 160 calories for that little bit, so doubling it is ridiculous. But I drank it yesterday and love it. Oh the other bad thing is, it comes in this tin that seems big, but since you have to use 3 table spoons per serving, there are only 11 servings in the tin. Seems like not nearly enough for $15, or however much it was. Although, it's the best homebrew one I've had, so I'll probably be buying more!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users