Breezes Grand Negril - Post all info/questions here!!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Congratulations Courtney!

That's great news! I just joined this forum today, and I am hoping to plan a catholic wedding in Jamaica. I did see that the Catholic church in Negril has a website and appears to be welcoming. Is this something you had to plan yourself or did the resort help you out? I have a travel agent looking into details, and I just completed Pre-cana class with my local parish. I'm not exactly sure what next steps I should take now. Any advice you can give is much appreciated!

Thanks!!

Hi Courtney,

Congratulations! I am planning a Catholic wedding too, but it is taking a while to get things set up. We are still not sure if it will be in Negril or Montego bay. Can you tell me how difficult the process was for you to setup the church? Were you able to set a date before having pre-cana done, and having all your documents forwarded to Jamiacan diocese? My TA wont let me pick a day or even inquire on availability until I all my documents and precana certificate sent in, and I have been told not to contact the church. It is making me very nervous because we wanted our wedding in May. Also, how are you getting to the church, will you arrange transportation for everyone, or is there some type of hotell trolley? I cant seem to get any info from my TA about this stuff.

Thanks for your help!!

• 3 weeks later...

I have just returned from 2 weeks in Jamaica....the first week we stayed at the Grand Lido and that is where we had our wedding and everyting was EXCELLENT!!! I can't say enough about this resort. The wedding co-ordinator Carlene was superb!!! Such a sweet heart!! We opted to use the Gazebo for our ceremony.....it was very private and exactly what we wanted. The entire staff at the Grand Lido were terrific!!! Not a bad word to say about any of them. They even upgraded my family's rooms so they could all be close to us.

The resort is definately worth the money.....the nude beach is no where near the regular beach in case anyone was worried about that.

In short...we had a fantastic wedding and i would recommend them in a heart beat!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Best Destination Wedding Sponsors

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
    • Hi everyone! I have been doing lots of research on various wedding venues all around Mexico, my fiance wants a destination wedding and I am happy to have a wedding wherever so long as the vibe is right and guests are happy!  I have been seriously looking at Cabo Azul and was trying to find potential costs for them, but only found a page about their wedding costs from 2010. Does anyone have any updated information on costs / reviews they would like to share of this venue? Or advice in general, anything helps. Thanks so much, happy wedding planning to all!
    • Hello everyone, I am dreaming of a wedding in Costa Rica and was wondering if I could get any help with venues and wedding planners. I am thinking Tamarindo because a close friend of mine lives there and I've been in town more than a couple of times, she's being helpful but is at a loss when it comes to this subject really so I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations. I am not closed to other town suggestions either, if I happen to find a good place and staff somewhere else. These are the places I have so far, has anyone had any experience with any of them?  Stay In Tamarindo Luxury Villas in Costa Rica Luxury Villas Pinilla Tropical Homes of Costa Rica The Point Luxury Villa Thank you so much for your help!
    • Have you ever considered having a wedding inside a bubble? With the current global situation, many couples are looking for unique and creative ways to celebrate their special day while keeping their guests safe. A wedding inside a bubble could provide a whimsical and intimate setting for your ceremony and reception. Imagine saying your vows surrounded by a beautiful bubble filled with twinkling lights and flowers, creating a magical atmosphere for you and your loved ones to enjoy.
    • Adult only resort or not? Let's discuss the pros and cons of choosing an adult-only resort for your honeymoon. While some couples may appreciate the peace and quiet that comes with an adults-only environment, others may prefer a more family-friendly atmosphere. What are your thoughts on this? Have you had any experiences at adult-only resorts that you'd like to share? Let's hear your opinions and recommendations!
    • When it comes to planning a wedding, one of the most exciting parts is choosing the perfect wedding favours for your guests. These small tokens of appreciation are a great way to thank your loved ones for being a part of your special day and to make them feel appreciated.
  • Topics