Photo

:( Postponing Wedding from Jan 2011 to Jan 2012 !!!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Jennybell1

Jennybell1
  • 661 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 04:48 PM

Im so disheartened.....Riley and I just decided that we are putting the wedding off for another year!! I was getting more excited as 2010 drew closer bc then I would be only a year away...now its going to be 2 years and that is just sooooo far away. So now all of my planning and buying is at a standstill and Im afraid that what I like now I wont like in 2 years from now.....This is so frustrating

Sometimes I wish we would just go off and get married without family and friends present as it would be so much easier. Bc now our wedding date interferes with other family members plans for summer vacations in 2010 and finances....its too much and they cant save for both. So now we have to bump the wedding another year out so that everyone is accomodated. And I can just see it....another year will pass and then again something else will interfere...there will be no pleasing everyone I know. But when this affects the immediate family...what else can we do

Ugh! I can't believe this....I never thought I would be the one on here postponing my wedding....On the bright side.....I will have more time to save too I guess... oh gosh I hope thats not the only positive to this....lol

Thanks for letting me vent!!!
    Jenn

#2 NaM

NaM
    • 2,256 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:05 PM

Sorry about that, that must be a tough situation. Hopefully it all works out for the best and some more positives will show.

#3 Girasole

Girasole
      • 757 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:15 PM

Sorry to hear that! You can always get married with just the 2 of you and have a big party with everyone else if it's important for you to get married sooner rather than later.
        Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

http://www.brilliant....island-escape/

#4 shellk

shellk
        • 1,784 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:20 PM

i understand where you are coming from but like you say it just leaves you more time to plan the best day ever

#5 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
          • VIP Member
          • 18,452 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:21 PM

Could you change months so its not a full year more of a wait? Maybe do a yr and a half out, instead of 2yrs. It does suck but i guess you have to try to look on the bright side you get another year of saving and another year to plan.
            ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
            Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
            Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#6 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
            • 1,326 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:58 PM

The bright side of things is definitely it does give you more time to save and have the wedding of your dreams! Another idea could be the idea of getting married in 2011 and then doing like a vow renewal type thing in 2012? Its a really tough situation, tons of hugs headed your way through all of this!!

#7 svetayasofiya

svetayasofiya
              • 590 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:02 PM

Well when you say immediate family I hope it's your parents you are accomodating, because IMO them and siblings are the only ones worth accomodating for. I changed my date to a month later after my parents complained it was too close after Christmas... then the new date pissed off my aunt because they are all in BC and it's the exact two weeks of the Vancouver Olympics... there is no pleasing everyone. They have to make the sacrifice for you, not the other way around.
                And don't get me wrong, I am VERY close with my family, but I just refuse to put my life on hold for other people's plans. I say be more selfish.

#8 debbmach

debbmach
                • 1,457 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:05 PM

Oh that really sucks! What an awful situation to be in You're right though, something will always come up, it really doesn't matter when you plan for it. When you're trying to accomodate a large group, you can never please everyone (especially family)! I hope your family appreciates the sacrifice you're making for them!
                  http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#9 vlynnw

vlynnw
                  • 6,003 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:10 PM

I'm sorry to hear that, but remember no matter what you do you will never be able to accommodate everyone and you need to do what the two of you want in the end.
                    Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#10 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
                    • 2,233 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:15 PM

I totally understand how you are feeling, we will be changing our date from dec 1 , 2010 until July 2011. I was very disappointed but, then I figured this way there will be more money to spend and now we can stay for 2 weeks instead of 1. So look at the bright side of it. It will happen and it will be wonderful.
                      July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users