Photo

Nicole Miller dress FU0003 ???

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Lorimc52

Lorimc52
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 02:07 PM

So I like the simple styles of Nicole Miller for a destination wedding - particularly dress FU0003 but I don't love the back of the dress. Does anyone know a seamstress or is a seamstress that can recommend some changes to make it more simple? I want to get rid of the bows or take out the back all together but Im not sure if this is possible. Also, if any one has pictures of brides wearing this dress I would love to see them!

Here is a pic of the dress on the model as well as a bride:
    nicole miller fu0003 - Google Images

Thanks

#2 vlynnw

vlynnw
    • 6,003 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 02:41 PM

that is a beautiful dress, I'm not a steamstress though or really know how they can change it easily but I think just removing them and having a deeper back would look great on it. Or maybe removing the bows but having a solid fabric go across instead. I hope you are able to have it the way you want.
      Veronica & Adam - May 6, 2011 - Dreams Tulum

#3 *Lo*

*Lo*
      • 2,993 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:16 PM

I think that there are a few different dresses shown in those photos. My best friend bought the one that does not have the bows at the back but the front looks the exact same.

The one with the back that looks like this

http://www.partypop....ages/402391.jpg

She had a bustle thing added to the back and it is really cute. PM me and I can send you photos of her wearing it at the bridal salon if you are interested.

#4 Lorimc52

Lorimc52
        • 17 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 09:01 PM

Hey Lori - I didn't see that one in the stores! Do you happen to have a style number? Also, I would love to see pics of it. (lorimc52@hotmail.com)

thanks

Lori

#5 Tisha316

Tisha316
          • 71 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:51 PM

i love this dress! what did you decide to do?

#6 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
            • 5,466 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 03:21 PM

There was a bride on here who wore that dress but I forget her name?? I will try to find here through the reviews, it would have been this year sometime tho. It looked great on her. I would think you could at least get the bows removed but not sure what else they could do. Maybe just take a pic to the seamstress and ask?
              I also have a nicole miler dress, HG0015 and agree that the one lori posted is really pretty too. Its style number HG0013.

#7 indy_chic

indy_chic
              • 336 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 06:44 PM

Without seeing it in the stores ( If found it on the website) , this was one of my first picks for a dress....until I saw the back. I ended up purchasing another - I didn't want the complication of having to alter it. Good luck....

#8 becks1581

becks1581
                • 477 posts

Posted 19 December 2009 - 02:25 PM

I bet the bows could be easily removed from the back...just ask the seamstress if you need to add more boning or structure to make sure that the dress will stay up well. You def don't want to be pulling at your dress on the dance floor all night!

#9 poohshek

poohshek
                  • 1,456 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 12:07 AM

I remember trying on the same dress but was not crazy about the bows. It looks great on the model and the design on the back is the selling point.

#10 poohshek

poohshek
                    • 1,456 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 05:55 PM

Here's the link to someone selling the same dress. There are pictures of the bride wearing it. Hope this helps.

Used Nicole Miller Wedding Dress | one of 3992 gowns for sale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users