Girls, how do you put the book together? I dont see anything in the fold. Did you glue them or something? I want to use mine as a pre wedding brochure or a welcome book , so it will have several pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninesmom View Post
Girls, how do you put the book together? I dont see anything in the fold. Did you glue them or something? I want to use mine as a pre wedding brochure or a welcome book , so it will have several pages.
I glued the first page to the cover and then simply lined up all of the rest of the pages before folding in half and stapled them together. I have seen people use ribbon or make holes in the crease to tie them together. The staples worked just fine for me.

This template is fab! Thanks for sharing, I am using the passport template for my invites! Question: How does the printing/folding/cutting work. I printed it out as is an but couldn't figure out how to get it in the right order. Do you print the inside pages front back? Then cut all in half?

Thanks!

I printed on both sides of the paper. I printed the cover on a thicker cardstock and then page 2 by itself on white cardstock and then pages 3 one one side of white cardstock and page 4 on the back, and then page 5 on one side and six on the back. Then I glued page 1 to the cover and cut the others out, ordered them and stapled them. (does that make sense?) The templates didn't match up exactly to print them front to back but I just cut them and made sure lines weren't showing and it all worked. Hope this helped.

So I started printing, and for some reason some of the text boxes/images are not printing. (I have ppt 2007). Has anyone else had this problem?? I am getting so frustrated. DIY invitations are great, but not if you run into computer issues......

Ktchi, thanks for your earlier response, I appreciate it. I have another question. On the template, silde 2, 4, 5, & 6 say "delete outline before printing, cut from front." What exactly does this mean and why is it necessary?

Just curious, what type of glue did you use for page 2 and the front cover? I feel like if I dont buy the right glue, the pages will look lumpy or wont stay stuck together. Thanks!

I love the way your invites came out btw. Great job!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy7387 View Post
Ktchi, thanks for your earlier response, I appreciate it. I have another question. On the template, silde 2, 4, 5, & 6 say "delete outline before printing, cut from front." What exactly does this mean and why is it necessary?
I didn't make the template, so I am not sure. I did not delete the outline. I used it so that I knew where to cut. I cut halfway on one side them flipped it over and cut the rest on the other side because the two sides didn't match up exactly. I am sure there is a way to re-set the templates, but I am not extremely computer savvy so I made do. Cutting this way worked and you wind up cutting off the parts that say "delete, etc."