For those that walked barefoot - did you find the sand pretty rough?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 pinayflava

• 193 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:25 PM

So I have been looking at reviews in and around the Melia Cabo Real and some people have said that the sand in Cabo is almost like 'crystallized gravel'.

I was hoping to go barefoot for the ceremony, but if the sands are really rough I may have to think otherwise.

For those of you who have gotten married on the beach in Cabo, how did you find the sand on your feet?

sandals or no sandals is the question :)

Thanks in advance!

#2 SusieQ

• 1,603 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 01:56 PM

Word of caution... The sand down south can get extremely hot to the feet

#3 pinayflava

• 193 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:49 PM

Yeah I decided not to risk going barefoot and found sandals on Ebay :)

#4 Donie Jordan

Donie Jordan
        • 381 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 03:47 PM

We were in Cabo in September and walked the beach into town from our villa. While the sand is rough, it's bearable. We had about a 1 to 1 1/2 mile walk and it was more of a pain to try to walk with sandals on than it was to walk barefoot.

#5 Kelly C

Kelly C
          • 2,051 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 10:42 PM

I got married at the Sante Fe and went barefoot. But I have stayed at the Melia Real. And can tell you the sand is rougher there. My hubby and I went for a walk down the beach and he had to carry me back. With that said I dont think the cermonys are that far away from the walk way at least the one I saw. You should be fine. I brought sandles just incase the sand was to hot, but didnt need them.
            Kerrington Danielle was born 6/23/09 12:31 pm 7lbs 14oz.

#6 Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 8,047 posts
            • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
            • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
            • LocationToronto

Posted 16 December 2009 - 10:52 AM

the sand was super hot, and could be rough in parts but I didn't find it to be a big deal. Some areas are worst than others. I found around Dreams it was ok, but as we walked near the Hilton it got pretty bad.

#7 *Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 9,532 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:13 AM

You likely won't be walking far if you're just walking to the ceremony location, so I wouldn't worry about it too much. I got married at Dreams and I wore flip flops for the ceremony so I can't say for sure what it feels like to be barefoot...but for our TTD the next day I walked on the sand in my bare feet and didn't notice anything really bad. The temperature is something to think about though if you are getting married mid-day - it will be HOT!

#8 GVphotographer

• 2,664 posts
              • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
              • Wedding Location:Puerto Los CAbos

Posted 21 December 2009 - 02:59 PM

I don't think the sand is that rough, the only problem is during the summer gets super hot.
              Congratulations and good luck with sandals or with out!!
              Happy planning!!

#9 kristinfields

• 5 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 03:24 PM

I just returned from a site visit to Cabo last week -- planning my July wedding.

We stayed at the Hilton - The Hilton's beach connects with the Melia Cabo Real beach. We noted a significant change in sand texture when walking from the Hilton beach across the Melia Cabo beach. The Melia Cabo was very rocky... I was barefoot and had a difficult time. Near the water, the sand is more smooth. But as you can see from pictures, the sandy part of the two beaches are fairly large areas. The Hilton's sand was much finer and i didn't have a difficult time on that sand. Hope this information helps!

#10 Beach Bride 80

Beach Bride 80
                • 151 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:37 AM

We went barefoot and were fine. The sand is a little rougher, but wasn't bad. I found it harder to walk in sandals than just barefoot. When your there you can experiment with what make you most comfortable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users