Beach wedding shoes

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 pearliegillock

• 2 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 05:05 AM

Hi, lovely heels.But I can not wearing this shoes. Thanks for sharing.

#22 hat0112

• 1,219 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by jsbride
      If you feel that you want to you CAN wear heels also on the beach, if you use a little trick. One of my friends had a beach wedding (in California) and she really wanted to wear high heels as she is just about 4' 10' and her husband is about 6'. They used a trick: they buried a large piece of board into the sand just where they were to stand during their ceremony. They covered the board with a thin layer of sand so that you could not see it. As a result she could stand on there very well, even with 4 inch heels, without sinking into the sand. I think that's a pretty smart way if you feel that you need the extra height.
      That's a great idea!!! I am having a beach ceremony and I really want to wear heels but wasn't sure how that would work. I will have to talk to my WC. Thanks!
      Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#23 loua4

• 397 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 11:50 AM

I am planning on going barefoot for the ceremony and then getting some nice low flat sandals for after. I absolutly love the ones that Island Princess got. those are sooooo cute!

#24 vdaybride

• 1,412 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 12:37 PM

I will wear jeweled flats for the ceremony (on the beach) then wear heels for the reception(on a near by terrace)
          Married 2-14-2010 Dreams, Los Cabos

#25 bahiabride2010

• 997 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:01 PM

Hi There...I'm wearing heels for the ceremony because it's at the resort gazebo then these sandals I bought today for my dancing shoes!

Click the image to open in full size.

#26 nolabride10

• 202 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:36 PM

Island Princess I love your shoes!

#27 midnight24

• 754 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 05:47 AM

anyone have any luck finding some nice ivory dressy flip flop/sandals?

#28 TheFutureMrs.Sears

• 734 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:07 PM

I'm still undecided. I really want to wear a wedge because I'm 5'2" and my FI is 6'2" and I feel I need the height. Also, because heels elongate me they always make me look slimmer!!! LOL

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
                  http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

#29 angie8119

• 198 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by teshy1
                    What height were you thinking? I bought a pair of really cute dressy flip-flops with a 2-inch wedge heel. I like them because the wedge is easier to walk in than regular heels, plus the style suits a destination wedding. I got them from Best Bridal Prices online; its the Saugus "Twilight" shoe, $38 USD.
                    Here is the link:
                    Saugus Shoe Twilight [Twilight] - $38.00 : Wedding Dresses, Bridesmaid Dresses, and Designer Wedding Dresses
                    Comes in several colours, even blue, if you want "something blue"....
                    Cute!!! such a good find!

#30 clfaidl2

• 333 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 08:39 AM

i bought collin stuart flip flops (the high heel wedge ones) with sparkles on the victoria secret website and then i bought 2 starfish pins off of ebay and attached them to the side straps of the flip flops. I think they look cute!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users