Photo

Anyone addicted to spinning?!

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:01 PM

Ok i must admit I am a cycling fiend!! I absolutely love it. I used to be addicted to step aerobics back in the day (and still love it!) but i've become obsessed with spin classes over the last year! lol I wonder if there is anyone out here who shares my passion for it! It's hysterical I dread getting up at 5am to do it but gosh do I feel great once im done. Now if I can only get that sort of passion for strength training :P~!!!!

#2 *Lo*

*Lo*
    • 2,993 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 07:16 PM

I'm by no means an addict. I go once or twice a week though. My FI teaches a class once a week so I try and make it to at least his class. He's so hardcore though that I barely make it through the hour!

#3 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
      • 1,326 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:47 PM

Lol aww thats so cool though FI teaching the class!!! I got my rear end handed to me today by one of the guys. I swear he did so many transitions today my BUNS hurt like crazy and its only monday!!!

#4 damaris

damaris
        • 462 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:04 AM

I love,love,love spinning. I get such a high from it. I told my FI all I want for Xmas is a 10 class pass to Soul Cycle. It's a place in NYC that specializes in spinning. They also incorporate 1-2lb weights into the workout for strength training. It's amazing.
          65 BOOKED PLUS BRIDE & GROOM

http://global.thekno...rs/tt22b9e.aspx

#5 cbell

cbell
          • 475 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:39 AM

I go to a gym now that just has machines no classes but I used to be a member of the Y and they had a spin class. I was always tempted to go but thought for sure that little seat would cause a lot of pain....how do you girls do it?? I can just make it with the regular exercise bike seat, the spinning cycle seats are so small! Does it just take time to adjust?

#6 *Linds*

*Linds*
            • 5,776 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:41 AM

The gym I go to has spinning classes in the morning, I am going to start going ASAP! I hope I get addicted! That would be awesome! hehe! Wish me luck! I'll report back as soon as I manage to get my butt there!
              Loving married life! <3

#7 *Lo*

*Lo*
              • 2,993 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 11:57 AM

the first 2 classes my bum hurt for days, not like a workout pain, but like it was bruised or something. Since then it's been gradually getting better each class. I think your bum just gets used to it or something!

There are padded shorts you can get. I haven't gotten that crazy yet but my FI definitely wears them to teach. But he's also a boy...so to ensure we can have children one day I bought him the special shorts haha

#8 cbell

cbell
                • 475 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 12:01 PM

LOVE the padded shorts!! When I first started dating my hubby he was Mr Triathlete and the first time I saw those shorts I laughed my a$$ off.... I should ask for a pair for Xmas, we both need to get our butts in Spin class.

#9 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
                  • 1,326 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 01:48 PM

Honestly the padded shorts are ok but not needed .. You really do get used to it after like the second week. Its all about your positions on the bike(you instructor will specify these for you). IF your position isn't correct your lower back will kill you, your arms will feel like they are going to fall off and your knees are going to pay the consequences. But I promise the bum pain goes away, its just temporary, and just remember in spinning it's almost minimal the amount of time you spend actually sitting down on the bike.

Sammysgirl- Definitely give it a whirl. Its amazing.
                    Damaris- I HATE YOU(jk)!! lmao!! Ive always wanted to go there. Maybe with the move to NY in May I can persuade the Mr. to send me there!

Today we worked the body to an 85% training zone and im full of energy. =) Hop on the bikes girls go!! Lets rack up the BDW miles!!

#10 TheFutureMrs.Sears

TheFutureMrs.Sears
                    • 734 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 02:20 PM

I've been wanted to try it for some time now, but I'm afraid..LOL. The class at my gym looks soo hard core! My friend tried and said she couldn't walk for a week hahaha. But you girls have inspired me to try, so lets see what this weekend brings.
                      http://global.thekno...rs/tt44496.aspx

52 booked + The Bride and Groom!!!
                      http://i69.photobuck....s/DSC02673.jpgMe and my Bridesmaids at my Bachelorette Party on a Roof Top with Manhattan in the background.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users