Photo

What are your wedding colors / wedding theme?

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#81 JanineA

JanineA
  • 2,482 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 01:32 PM

Natalie there are a few girls that are using black. Chelymo had used black and white with accents of aqua. I remember some one else using black and fuschia. Its your wedding and you can use any color you like. Good luck!

PS The planning threads are always a good way to see the use of ladies colors and gain some inspiration.

#82 FutureMrsLewis

FutureMrsLewis
    • 583 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 04:46 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by natalie1987
      I always wanted Black for my wedding but not sure now that I am having a destination wedding..any opinions on Black for a destination wedding in punta cana?
      Black goes great with fuschia, bright orange, or turquoise, all of which are definitely "beachy" colours :) Or, have all four! Why not? lol There are no rules with destination weddings, that's why they're so awesome ^_^

#83 goodtoglow

goodtoglow
      • 110 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:45 PM

I'm calling my theme "traditional tropical" and I'm having my bridesmaids wear a soft shade of royal blue, and all of the flowers and accents pink, orange and lime green which will pop against their dresses! My fiance and the guys aren't picky about what they wear, but I'm suggesting they all wear different colored ties in bright colors (ties will be worn during the dinner reception)!

#84 knitgirl13

knitgirl13
        • 276 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 07:08 PM

Blue and coral - I haven't decided if it will be an aqua blue or a royal blue. If it's aqua we'll also be adding in chocolate brown accents because we love that combination :)

#85 Tennyt1

Tennyt1
          • 1,131 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:40 PM

so far Coral ...that's all I have right now
            http://dwdf.daisypath.com/e8thm5.png

~April 2, 2011 ~ Sandals Grand Ocho Rios ~
            ~52 Guest booked plus the Bride & Groom~

#86 StephyD

StephyD
            • 342 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 08:48 PM

Our colors are turquoise and orange. We aren't doing a theme... and trying not to be too beachy.

#87 Princess402

Princess402
              • 737 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 06:24 PM

Our colour scheme is FINALLY coming together! We are using royal blue accented with aqua and yellow/orange. Might also throw in a few pops of lime green and hot pink if FI will let me get away with it! Basically he loves the royal blue, which is fine, but then I want to accent it with bright beautiful tropical colours :)

#88 bikegirl

bikegirl
                • Banned
                • 319 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 03:48 PM

We went with blue and brown. However, I am having THE HARDEST time with the blue!

I wanted a beachy blue - I bought pashminas that are a light turquoise, but all the invitations I like are sea glass (light greenish blue) or tiffany blue, all the inspiration boards I like are peacock blue, etc.

Lol! I'm going to end up with chocolate brown and a gazillion different blues!

#89 FutureMrsLewis

FutureMrsLewis
                  • 583 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 10:22 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by bikegirl
                    We went with blue and brown. However, I am having THE HARDEST time with the blue!

I wanted a beachy blue - I bought pashminas that are a light turquoise, but all the invitations I like are sea glass (light greenish blue) or tiffany blue, all the inspiration boards I like are peacock blue, etc.

Lol! I'm going to end up with chocolate brown and a gazillion different blues!

I'm beginning to have black with a gazillion different pinks, so no worries lol I'm just having black and "pink in general" lol

#90 mdb

mdb
                    • 190 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 05:47 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by MyBlueyes
                      Blue and green are our colors.. So something like aqua blue with a light green color. We really dont have a theme. Unless, the word FUN is a theme :)
                      These are my colors : ) i also tied in some peacock feathers. !!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users