What I would and wouldn't do again...

• Please log in to reply
831 replies to this topic

#811 Recy

Recy
  • 165 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by LisaJoy 

Thank you @Bridetobe2014!! @pz1101 - I don't think you will be disappointed. After seeing other resort when we drove by, Secrets is BY FAR the nicest and most private resort in my opinion. Even my step brothers who stayed at Iberostar said Secrets looked nicer. Iberostar actually (and I am not kidding) had a drug house "shack" on the beach next to the resort. Classy! If you have any questions, please let me know.

I am thinking about going to Secrets for my honeymoon. I have kids for my wedding!!!

"Make or accept no excuses. You are where you are today (and will be tomorrow) as a result of what you did or did not do yesterday."

#812 Recy

Recy
    • 165 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by LisaJoy 

@Melissa14 - you don't need anything. Save yourself the money and enjoy what nature has to offer. I just got back from my wedding in Jamaica. I am SO GLAD we went simple and save the money.

Yes. I plan to keep my wedding simple! I mean you are already in Jamaica!

"Make or accept no excuses. You are where you are today (and will be tomorrow) as a result of what you did or did not do yesterday."

#813 Recy

Recy
      • 165 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Billandstina 

It honestly doesn't sound like you need much more!! I'm on the flight right now heading home from my wedding and I can tell you that lugging all my decor down was a pain (although worth it financially) and at the end of the day nobody is going to remember my decor and the man in a speedo helped steal the show when he decided to stand behind us crying! Don't stress the small stuff...the scenery will be so beautiful and the simple petals will have an impact!

OMG!!! Not the crying man in speedos!

#814 Billandstina

Billandstina
        • 396 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:09 AM

OMG!!! Not the crying man in speedos!

It was hysterical!

#815 strwbsprkl

strwbsprkl
          • 373 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 4, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Dreams la romana

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

Just finished reading this very helpful!!!!!!! Thank you ladies!

#816 kay2015

kay2015
          • 222 posts
          • Wedding Date:May 8, 2015
          • Wedding Location:Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica
          • LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:38 AM

Very helpful

#817 Tbasgall

Tbasgall
          • 152 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:48 AM

My wedding is less than 4 months out, so this thread is extremely helpful. Thanks everyone for taking the time to post.

#818 jackshayne0123

jackshayne0123
            • 213 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 23, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Blau Varadero Cuba
            • LocationCalgary AB Canada

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:12 AM

This thread has been so helpful beyond words I cannot describe it! I am tearing up thinking of the wonderful memories we will be creating with our family and friends. Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences!

I have a question - what are you doing (or what did you do) about sleeping arrangements with your fiance the night before the wedding? I want to keep it traditional and sleep apart and not see each other until I walk down the aisle, but the hotel cannot offer us separate rooms the night before. So one of us would have to go sleep somewhere else. My fiance doesn't think this is a big deal (to sleep together and see each other) but I kind of do. But at the same time I feel bad asking my fiance to sleep elsewhere as we both want to be comfortable and get a good nights sleep. Thoughts/suggestions/comments?

Thanks ladies!

Jackie

#819 babystace1985

babystace1985
            • 155 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

Thanks so much ladies! This thread is GREAT. The dress and cake tips won't be taken lightly!
              Those who matter don't mind. Those who mind don't matter. -Dr. Seuss

#820 ironman

ironman
              • 320 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jackshayne0123 

This thread has been so helpful beyond words I cannot describe it! I am tearing up thinking of the wonderful memories we will be creating with our family and friends. Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences!

I have a question - what are you doing (or what did you do) about sleeping arrangements with your fiance the night before the wedding? I want to keep it traditional and sleep apart and not see each other until I walk down the aisle, but the hotel cannot offer us separate rooms the night before. So one of us would have to go sleep somewhere else. My fiance doesn't think this is a big deal (to sleep together and see each other) but I kind of do. But at the same time I feel bad asking my fiance to sleep elsewhere as we both want to be comfortable and get a good nights sleep. Thoughts/suggestions/comments?

Thanks ladies!

Jackie

Do you have any girlfriends or bridesmaids you could have share a room with you the night before? Maybe they traveled there alone, or they have a room with two beds and your groom is friends with their husband/partner? Your groom could swap rooms and stay in their room instead?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users