What a great post...thanks for sharing!
Originally Posted by lalanyc
YAYYY, IT'S FINALLY MY TURN!!!
I'm so happy that:
- I married my husband (awwww). I'm a lucky girl, for sure.
- We got a videographer. By far, among the best investments we made. I love watching that video more than I do looking over all our wedding pictures combined.
- I made it a point to get in great shape.
- We got karaoke for the rehearsal dinner. It was a great icebreaker and people went crazy for it.
- We served tacos late in the reception. It's amazing how much people love tacos.
- We got fire dancers (if only for 15 minutes). It made a big impression and people werent expecting it.
- We provided OOT bags with a Facebook. W/ over 155 guests, people enjoyed pouring over who was in attendance and reviewing names that they'd already forgotten!
- I wish we had booked the videographer for the entire length of the reception. We only booked for about 5 hrs and there were great moments after that time that I wish were captured on film.
- I wish I'd had back up for my bustle. The stupid buttons did not hold and I had to carry my dress the last few hours of the night! And I did not have a big dress!
- I wish had done my own makeup or selected another makeup artist despite having placed a deposit. I did not like my trial run hair and makeup. Yet, I figured that if I could just get better sample pictures or have additional trials w/ other professionals (to get clear photos) that this would be sufficient for my makeup/hair artists to get it right on wedding day. Nope!! I should have either done additional trials w/ the SAME artists or learned to do the work myself. As a result, I did not have the look that I wanted on the wedding day.
- I wish we had advised our guests on mosquito spray and anti-itch cream. I have to be honest â€“ the mosquitos, especially in the Riviera Maya, can be brutal. There is no way around them, but strong spray and cream can make the experience more tolerable.
- I wish I had remembered to schedule a nail touch up the day BEFORE the wedding. I also wish I had asked a talented relative to do this for me. Our resort did not have good mani/pedi staff and my nails looked rather bland on the wedding day.
- I wish I had NOT gotten a deep tissue massage the week of our wedding!! OUCH. I was sore for days after. Bad idea.
- I wish I brought holders for the escort cards and table number cards. The hotel did not have the right tools and the escort cards blew away shortly before the guests arrived to the reception area! Our table numbers also had to be tucked under the centerpieces to prevent them from blowing away.
- I wish had experimented w/ taking one or half of a sleeping pill a few weeks before the wedding. I was so nervous the night before the wedding that I hardly slept. If I'd had something to knock me out or calm my nerves, I would have been more relaxed the following morning.
- I wish I had gotten a TEQUILA DONKEY!! They look so awesome and they're not as easy to find in the U.S.
- I wish I had had the disciple to lose weight more quickly so that I didn't have to leave my alterations until the absolute last weekend possible. It was not fun to stress about my weight down to the last minute!
- I wish I had taken picture of the staff at the hotel. They were so great; it was b/c of them that the wedding week was so memorable. Unfortunately, I dont have pics of them to remember them by!
- I wish I had not forgotten to thank the staff during our speech on the wedding day!
- I wish I had remembered to dance w/ certain men in my family, like my grandfather and my favorite uncle. If I could do it over, I would have the wedding coordinator remind me and find them for me at certain points in the night.
- I wish I had told the photographer to take pictures of me and my husband w/ certain special relatives. The day went by so fast that I didn't realized we hadn't take "alone" shots w/ them until it was too late.
- I wish we had arrived earlier and also completed more projects back home. Even though we arrived 8 days earlier, some guests also arrived on the same day. This made it all the more difficult to concentrate on our tasks since we wanted to spend time w/ them rather than be stuck in our room working on "projects"!! If we'd completed these projects, such as assembling programs or printing our facebook, back home, it would have been worth it to ship these materials or carry them w/ us rather than spend those extra hours away from our guests in paradise!!
- I wish I had calmed the *&@! down and just enjoyed myself more! I was so nervous to finally see this day arrive that it was very difficult to ignore little details.