Photo

What I would and wouldn't do again...

• Please log in to reply
831 replies to this topic

#161 marise

marise
  • 179 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:09 AM

I agree, this thread is one of the most helpful! Keep the posts coming ladies!

#162 Celina

Celina
    • Banned
    • 2,811 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 11:10 AM

Oh you guys - thanks for posting here! Alyssa, I have been waiting to hear yours.

Thanks so much!
      "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#163 Kla.Kari

Kla.Kari
      • 101 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:32 PM

Yes, this is extremely helpful. There are definitely some things I will not be doing now that I have seen what headaches they have caused (like everyone getting dressed together -- oh my)!
        Courtesy of Josh Brown Photography

Pigeon Island, St. Lucia
        April 11, 2009Simply Beautiful

#164 blkladylaw

blkladylaw
        • 149 posts

Posted 29 September 2008 - 04:53 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Kla.Kari
          Yes, this is extremely helpful. There are definitely some things I will not be doing now that I have seen what headaches they have caused (like everyone getting dressed together -- oh my)!
          oh my gosh this was a nightmare! I thought it would be special to have us all together but it was the most stress I had of the whole experience. Maybe if they had already arrived ready to go or came to the site earlier to get ready it would have been better. I assumed they were coming dressed. Now that I have seen my photos I wish I had had more time to do more with my eye makeup and used some concealer in lieu of dealing with family right beforehand but oh well. Yes I would NOT recommend this...I would have preferred the quiet peace and solitude of being by myself absorbing the major step I was about to take.
          Wed 9/5/08 at Lake Las Vegas Chapel Fiorenza with yacht cruise reception on the La Contessa and party the next night in VIP section at Club Poetry at Caesars Palace. Stayed at the Ritz at the Lake and checked into the Trump hotel on the strip after our reception.
          Our first baby (a...

#165 rdhbride

rdhbride
          • 313 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:11 PM

great info ladies for us just starting to plan:) ty

#166 Shannond4156

Shannond4156
            • 169 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:03 PM

This is my favorite thread. Thanks for all the useful tips. I think I will now start over and re-read!

#167 blkladylaw

blkladylaw
              • 149 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 04:27 PM

oh i also would skip buying the disposable cameras to have on each table at the reception; most guests bring their own digital camera and email you the pics or upload them to a site and the quality of the pictures on these cameras was poor (or maybe I just got a bad batch or maybe it was because we were indoors and the lighting was dark and people didn't use the flash button)...but this is one thing I would NOT do again
                Wed 9/5/08 at Lake Las Vegas Chapel Fiorenza with yacht cruise reception on the La Contessa and party the next night in VIP section at Club Poetry at Caesars Palace. Stayed at the Ritz at the Lake and checked into the Trump hotel on the strip after our reception.
                Our first baby (a...

#168 Alyssa

Alyssa
                • 11,793 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:34 AM

You know I have been thinking about this for the past month since our wedding and I didn't originally include with my 1st post in this thead b/c I wasn't sure but now I am 100% that if I had to do it over again I would have had our ceremony at 1:00 PM (instead of 5:00PM), had an hour for family / bridal party / group pictures - another hour for pictures of just us two and then some private time back at our room to just hang our and have lunch. I would then have my hair/makeup touched up / refreshed and have our reception at 5:30PM. Maybe wore a different dress for the reception or just put my wedding gown back on (probably the latter)

I think all of our guests would have been totally fine with this as well b/c they get a break and can go to the pool, beach, lunch, whatever and then they get to re-fresh before the reception as well instead of coming right from the ceremony.

I guess that what i am saying is try to slow things down a bit if you can - it all goes so fast and (at least for me) everything seemed 'rushed' even if it wasn't.

#169 Kla.Kari

Kla.Kari
                  • 101 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 10:26 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Alyssa
                    You know I have been thinking about this for the past month since our wedding and I didn't originally include with my 1st post in this thead b/c I wasn't sure but now I am 100% that if I had to do it over again I would have had our ceremony at 1:00 PM (instead of 5:00PM), had an hour for family / bridal party / group pictures - another hour for pictures of just us two and then some private time back at our room to just hang our and have lunch. I would then have my hair/makeup touched up / refreshed and have our reception at 5:30PM. Maybe wore a different dress for the reception or just put my wedding gown back on (probably the latter)

I think all of our guests would have been totally fine with this as well b/c they get a break and can go to the pool, beach, lunch, whatever and then they get to re-fresh before the reception as well instead of coming right from the ceremony.

I guess that what i am saying is try to slow things down a bit if you can - it all goes so fast and (at least for me) everything seemed 'rushed' even if it wasn't.
                    Alyssa, thanks so much for that advice. I was actually planning on having our ceremony at 5pm (so I can sleep in, really) but I may take some time to rethink that. Maybe I'll do 3pm so I can still sleep in, but there is a bit of time to refresh before we start the party!
                    Courtesy of Josh Brown Photography

Pigeon Island, St. Lucia
                    April 11, 2009Simply Beautiful

#170 NJ_bride

NJ_bride
                    • 227 posts

Posted 14 November 2008 - 06:04 PM

This thread hasn't been updated in awhile. Can we bump? I know there are lots of new brides and this info is soo helpful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users