What I would and wouldn't do again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLady View Post
I will do a full review in the next couple of weeks. Just gotta get it all together wink.gif I miss Aruba already!!!!
Thanks! That would be wonderful! I will take all the information about Aruba I can get since my FI or me (or anyone I know) have never been there.

OMG i LOVE this thread... I have only just started delving into it, but I am going to take the time to read through all 53 pages! So many useful tips and advice to take into consideration, especially since my wedding is on a fairly tight budget!

With the dress comments people are making, it makes me feel a whole lot better about getting a dress from Davids Bridal.. I fell in love with 2 dresses by Augusta Jones and they are double what I wanted to pay for a dress so I have been torn about paying the extra or going for a cheaper dress. Definitely going to stick with my budget on this one and go for the David's Bridal dress, and they are lower than my budget so I can spend the money on a better photography package instead!

And this has also helped me with cake dilemas. I am going for an AI resort wedding package, but the cake says it only serves 10 people (we are planning on having about 30) and I wanted a larger cake but by the sounds of it, the smaller one will do fine!!

Thanks ladies, I'm sure I will have more to write when I finish reading this monster thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hat0112 View Post
Thanks! That would be wonderful! I will take all the information about Aruba I can get since my FI or me (or anyone I know) have never been there.
I'll be more than happy to answer any questions even though we are doing the wedding at different resorts and different times of the year. You are at the Westin, correct? How are things coming along so far with planninghuh.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLady View Post
I'll be more than happy to answer any questions even though we are doing the wedding at different resorts and different times of the year. You are at the Westin, correct? How are things coming along so far with planninghuh.gif
Yes, we are at the Westin. I am just finding it so hard to plan when I canâ€t see things and talk to people. I emailed my WC over a month ago and I still haven't heard from him. He has emailed to say he will respond soon, but I am still waiting. I think I might have to call him. It might be easier to get an answer from him. I have asked him the same few questions a few times already and he hasnâ€t answered them. I have all the things I can do done (dress, OOT bags, favors, etc) except for one or 2 things that I am waiting on a final count for.

My biggest issue I am kind of freaking out about it the time of the ceremony. My WC insists that it should be at 5:30pm and that is the best time for that time of year. But with a 30 minutes ceremony I only have 18 minutes till sunset and whatever time after till it gets dark. I just donâ€t think that will be enough time for pictures. What time did you have your ceremony? I am also worried about the wind and my cathedral length veil. I saw that you didnâ€t get wind on your wedding day, but was it really windy the other days? I just donâ€t want to be fighting with my veil during the ceremony.

hat0112, have you hired a photog yet? Are they local to Aruba? they should be able to tell you what the optimal time for the ceremony is because they should know when sunset is and how much time you need to shoot. I'd ask an Aruba photog! Last thing you wanna do is lose too much light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondpooch View Post
hat0112, have you hired a photog yet? Are they local to Aruba? they should be able to tell you what the optimal time for the ceremony is because they should know when sunset is and how much time you need to shoot. I'd ask an Aruba photog! Last thing you wanna do is lose too much light.
Well my wedding package at the Westin comes with photos so I got a photographer through them (I was going to hire my own but it isnâ€t in the budget). I asked my WC several times about the photographer and he seems to ignore the question. All I got is that is name is Paul. As soon as I can get some information on him, Iâ€ll ask.

We had our ceremony at 500pm and it was a half hour ceremony. There's no way we could have done any more than 60 minutes of photos before it started to get dark enough that the pictures suffered. We did our photos before our cermony to take advantage of the light of the day :)