Photo

Which type of IPod are you using?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#11 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
  • 1,225 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 09:07 PM

We actually just used our laptop. We rented a sound system and hooked the laptop up to that. It worked really well. But our wedding location was a house we rented, so its a little different.

#12 Danielle77

Danielle77
    • 200 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 09:11 PM

We are going to use an IPod Nano. I am hoping that the hotel has the cord to attach the IPod to the speaker.

#13 Sparkles8300

Sparkles8300
      • 349 posts

Posted 20 December 2009 - 10:31 PM

We used my cousins Nano as a backup with all of my wedding playlist on it. The DJ had assured my WC that he had all of my wedding songs but, low and behold, he did not have our first dance, enterance, and other important songs so good thing she had the whole playlist backed up on the ipod!!!!
        WE WERE SO BLESSED TO HAVE A PERFECT WEDDING WEEKEND FROM START TO FINISH!

My Planning Thread:http://bestdestinati....c-heavy-53105/Our Sungold Photograpy Slideshow to music:http://www.sungoldph....otter-hooters/http://tickers.Ticke....3c97/event.png

#14 Sloan

Sloan
        • 1,279 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 02:31 AM

We brought our Bose docking station and my ipod Touch. Our reception was only 11 people, so I just made a playlist and let 'er play during dinner. There were no extension cords available or outlets at the restaurant we had our reception at, so we just ran the dock on battery power. Worked out fine for us.

#15 daniepps

daniepps
          • 304 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:15 PM

We're using an iPod Classic. The resort has an amplifier and docking station we can use at the ceremony and reception. I don't think the type really matters if you set a playlist; however, I'd stay away from the shuffle because you can't make playlists with the shuffle.

#16 mwcfarms

mwcfarms
            • 266 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:05 PM

Plan on using my ipod touch and their sound system. dont really feel like lugging a docking station down. I havent found any that would have loud enough amp here to be audible over wind. HTH's.

#17 JuneWeddingDreams

JuneWeddingDreams
              • Banned
              • 313 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:11 PM

We are using the Ipod Nano. As far as being worried about someone stealing it. I would think you would know if someone took it if the music stopped playing. Or are people worried about having them on vacation in general. I think I'm missing something :) Please fill me in if I am missing something - I don't want to be that naive girl that ends up getting her stuff stolen.
                Rob and Lindsey

24 Booked + Bride and Groom

www.mywedding.com/robandlindseypearson

#18 svetayasofiya

svetayasofiya
                • 590 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:29 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by JuneWeddingDreams
                  We are using the Ipod Nano. As far as being worried about someone stealing it. I would think you would know if someone took it if the music stopped playing. Or are people worried about having them on vacation in general. I think I'm missing something :) Please fill me in if I am missing something - I don't want to be that naive girl that ends up getting her stuff stolen.
                  LMAO! so true... so true!

My FI has an iphone and I have a 1st generation nano. I think we'll use my nano and have the music on his iphone as back up. I'd be sad to have it stolen, but I can get a new nano that's 8GB for 1/4 of the price I bought my 2GB nano at 4 yrs ago. So... I am not really going to stress over the value.

#19 Eliana

Eliana
                  • 676 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:08 PM

We are bringing my ipod nano and also my FI ipods as back up.

#20 cwelch

cwelch
                    • 115 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:36 PM

you can use your iphone. I was a bit confused too so I asked the company we are renting the speakers and Ipod hook up from and he said that the iphone was fine but to let him know cause it uses a different kind of cable hook up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users