Photo

Has Anyone Ever....

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 brendali.caban

brendali.caban
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:38 PM

considered holding their wedding at the hotel they want but not sacrificing their guests who cant pay by booking them for a cheaper hotel, and perhaps arraning a shuttle bus for the day of the wedding?

#2 pujbride19

pujbride19
    • 57 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 01:50 PM

I know a girl who did this. Her and her fiance stayed at the Paradisus Palma Real and her 60 guests stayed at the Majestic Elegance. What you have to keep in mind is the price of day passes. Gran Bahia charges $75 per person and Majestic charges around $80. You would have to decide who was going to pay that part. Also if you are planning on having your ceremony in the day and a dinner and reception at night, you may have to pay a day pass and a night pass for every person.

Also, most hotels require that the bride and groom stay where the wedding is taking place, so you would have to decide if you are alright with only seeing your guests the day of the wedding and not during the rest of the stay.

What I decided to do was have my wedding at a more affordable hotel (Iberostar Punta Cana) and then we will be staying for 4 days after our guests leave at the Iberostar Grand as a mini honeymoon. Maybe something like that would work for you!

#3 brendali.caban

brendali.caban
      • 51 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 02:00 PM

Oh wow, that is a very good idea! The iberostar was more affordable? About how much did you pay for your entire wedding package, if you dont mind me asking?

#4 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
        • VIP Member
        • 18,452 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:01 PM

Make sure you talk to the resort first because a lot of hotels make you have a certain % of guests stay there, even when your paying day passes for those who dont stay at the resort. I got married at the PPR and at the time you did need a certain amount of guests to stay at the resort, all my guests ended up staying there so it wasnt an issue for me but it could be for someone else. Def talk to the WC and get it in writing on an email and save it.
          ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
          Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
          Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#5 khomac

khomac
          • 380 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 04:33 AM

Also keep in mind that if they are at another resort, they really won't get to spend any time with you guys. Security is good at kicking people out who are in the wrong resort.

You won't be able to have dinners together, party at night together, grab drinks at night together. It would pretty much be a seperate vacation and I don't think your guests would like it anyway.

Hope that helps a little?!
            Kelly & Pablo

http://www.michaelsteingard.com
            Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

#6 debbmach

debbmach
            • 1,457 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:10 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by pujbride19
              I know a girl who did this. Her and her fiance stayed at the Paradisus Palma Real and her 60 guests stayed at the Majestic Elegance. What you have to keep in mind is the price of day passes. Gran Bahia charges $75 per person and Majestic charges around $80. You would have to decide who was going to pay that part. Also if you are planning on having your ceremony in the day and a dinner and reception at night, you may have to pay a day pass and a night pass for every person.

Also, most hotels require that the bride and groom stay where the wedding is taking place, so you would have to decide if you are alright with only seeing your guests the day of the wedding and not during the rest of the stay.

What I decided to do was have my wedding at a more affordable hotel (Iberostar Punta Cana) and then we will be staying for 4 days after our guests leave at the Iberostar Grand as a mini honeymoon. Maybe something like that would work for you!
              My FI and I are doing this as well. We're getting married at the Iberostar rose Hall Beach in Jamaica and going to stay there a week with our family and friends. Once the week is over, then we'll move to the Iberostar Gran and stay for 4-7 days (depends on pricing).
              http://dwdf.daisypath.com/v0lqm5.png

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#7 brendali.caban

brendali.caban
              • 51 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:04 PM

thank you everyone for your input!!!! I am thinking all this over and my wedding isnt until 2011! lol..its never too early tho, right?

#8 Lindsay521

Lindsay521
                • 91 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:51 PM

I am also doing something similar to everyone. I am getting married at the Palma Real on March 28th and a number of guests are staying there however most of our friends could not afford it and are staying right next door at the NH (I think you could even walk between the 2 hotels on the beach). Anyway we are staying with our friends at the NH from Thursday to Sunday and then Sunday we are moving to the Palma where we are getting married and staying there till Thursday as a little honeymoon. This way we can spend some time partying with our friends but still be at the nicer hotel. We are going to have to pay a fee to have those guests come over for the wedding but it is worth it to us for such a beautiful hotel.
                  Lindsay and Seth
                  March 28, 2010 - Paradisus Palma Real, Punta Cana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users