Moon Palace 2011 Brides

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 SouthernSweetie

SouthernSweetie
  • 394 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:02 PM

Great news Ladies!

For all of you who have been waiting for the 2011 wedding contracts at Moon Palace to become available, they are now! Even though I was told that the contract for my June 11, 2011 wedding wouldn't be available until January of 2010, it was emailed to my TA last week. I submitted completed documents with my deposit this week. I got the date and time that I requested!!! This was a great relief because I didn't want to be racing against Engaged-This-Christmas brides. YAAAAYYYYY!!!!

I hope that this helps all of you "perfect planners" (like me) to lock in your date and time early. Get while the gettin' is good, Girls!

#2 Nuttytart_2kuk

Nuttytart_2kuk
    • 179 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:58 PM

Cool, Good to here. I'm getting married at MP March 2011.

#3 cantorballard

cantorballard
      • 47 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 01:00 AM

I'm at MP right now, as I type, and I have to say, this has officially become my FAVORITE resort! The amenities are absolutely amazing- including wireless everywhere, a great coffee lounge with computers, tv's, internet, lots of great restaurants, and staff that are the most attentive of anywhere I've been in RM.

The rooms are amazing, though the only drawback is that this place is humongous, and walking from a room to the wedding location could take a while, but they have golf carts that drive around, so it isn't terribly bad.

I especially love that the weddings are held further down the beach, so you won't have onlookers gawking at you, like they do in every other DW I have ever performed. It is incredibly private, well managed, and I can't recommend it highly enough. If you have already booked - you can take a sigh of relief. You are in for a wonderful treat!
        Debbi

#4 Xanadu77

Xanadu77
        • 8 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 02:48 PM

Southern Sweetie, you are in inspiration. Thanks for the info - thought I had to wait forever because their online calendar isn't even showing 2011. Did you by any chance get the PDF of the differing venues and sizes, etc. I've seen it posted on other threads but I can't download it - could you send directly to me if so?
          Thanks again.

#5 SouthernSweetie

SouthernSweetie
          • 394 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:00 PM

Xanadu77: PM me and I can send you all that I have gathered about the venues. It isn't much, but I will email Janina Mendoza to request them. She is my Miami WC.

#6 MomentsThatMatter

MomentsThatMatter
            • Vendor
            • 2,015 posts

Posted 23 April 2010 - 01:28 PM

Here is a little "FYI" for all you Moon Palace brides. The Moon Palace does not allow outside vendors such as photographers on site. They do however allow your "guests" to shoot your wedding. If you ask if you can bring in your own photographer on site, they will simply state their policy that they do not allow vendors but will not stop your guests from capturing your wedding if they are staying at the hotel.
              So... if you are getting married at the Moon Palace, be sure to confirm this with your wedding coordinator! This is how we have captured all our 2009 weddings at the Moon Palace, as "guests" staying the night!
              Best of luck with all your planning!
              Lincoln & Lori @ Moments that Matter Photography
              Playa Del Carmen Wedding Photographers - Mexico - Cancun - & Mayan Riviera
              Web: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/
              Blog: http://momentsthatmatterphotography.com/blog/
              http://i711.photobuc....Ad-Sept09b.gif

#7 Ravywedding

Ravywedding
              • 183 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 08:27 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by SouthernSweetie
                Great news Ladies!

For all of you who have been waiting for the 2011 wedding contracts at Moon Palace to become available, they are now! Even though I was told that the contract for my June 11, 2011 wedding wouldn't be available until January of 2010, it was emailed to my TA last week. I submitted completed documents with my deposit this week. I got the date and time that I requested!!! This was a great relief because I didn't want to be racing against Engaged-This-Christmas brides. YAAAAYYYYY!!!!

I hope that this helps all of you "perfect planners" (like me) to lock in your date and time early. Get while the gettin' is good, Girls!

Hey Southern Sweetie,
                Did you use the online reservation form? Do you know if there is any other way to book this?

#8 KGirl99

KGirl99
                • 189 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 09:20 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by MomentsThatMatter
                  Here is a little "FYI" for all you Moon Palace brides. The Moon Palace does not allow outside vendors such as photographers on site. They do however allow your "guests" to shoot your wedding. If you ask if you can bring in your own photographer on site, they will simply state their policy that they do not allow vendors but will not stop your guests from capturing your wedding if they are staying at the hotel.
                  So... if you are getting married at the Moon Palace, be sure to confirm this with your wedding coordinator! This is how we have captured all our 2009 weddings at the Moon Palace, as "guests" staying the night!
                  Best of luck with all your planning!

Thanks for the info! I was debating whether to get my photographer a room at the resort or a day pass.

#9 blondy

blondy
                  • 133 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 03:37 PM

Just wondering if anyone has booked group travel packages yet? I have been talking to several TA's and it has been really difficult trying to get a package that suits our needs and our guests' budgets.

I am wondering whether to book now, or wait a couple of months to see if prices go down? Of course, the TA's are all telling me to book now...
                    We're getting married at Moon Palace Cancun on April 8, 2011!

#10 Sukhi

Sukhi
                    • 7 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:52 PM

I'm having exactly the same problem and i'm not sure exactly what to do. I have to arrange for guests to fly from the UK (as that's where my partner and i are based) but also Vancouver as i'm originally from there. I'm flying to Vancouver this week for two weeks and need to sort all this out while i'm there...help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users