Photo

chocolate for my wedding cake??

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 amandacarlson

amandacarlson
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:50 AM

I am having real troubles choosing the wedding cake, I really love chocolate cake but my sister doesn’t like it at all. Maybe I will go for strawberry but I want something more exotic. Or what about if I add some other flavour to the chocolate that goes well with it and that might convince my sister?

#2 barcelo1162010

barcelo1162010
    • 154 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:53 AM

You aren't going to be able to please everyone. I would go with the chocolate. Or if you are having several layers perhaps you could do one layer of strawberry or something else.

#3 Girasole

Girasole
      • 757 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 10:06 AM

I agree, if it's something you love go with it or do something different for each layer.
        Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

http://www.brilliant....island-escape/

#4 *Linds*

*Linds*
        • 5,776 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:13 AM

You are the bride! You should get what you like! Just my opinion though! For my AHR cake--i love all kinds so I got chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry
          Loving married life! <3

#5 TonyandTricia

TonyandTricia
          • 426 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 12:48 PM

Get chocolate if that's what you want!! You could add a raspberry filling if you want it more "exotic."

For AHR cake we are probably getting white, with some kind of filling, and strawberry, my fave!!

#6 amandacarlson

amandacarlson
            • 9 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 02:47 PM

Well all your suggestions sound great , I will stay with chocolate then and add more layers of perhaps fresh strawberries...yummy. I am not sure about which kind of chocolate , maybe I should cover it with a layer of white chocolate as well as dark just to irritate my sister .

#7 Jess

Jess
              • 4,455 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 04:52 PM

its your wedding! get chocolate. We had different layers though and they can do different flavors if you want - we had a vanilla and a chocolate

#8 amygirl1169

amygirl1169
                • 653 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:01 PM

I agree, it's YOUR wedding, you should LOVE the cake!! I think raspberry would be delish with chocolate!! mmmm..

#9 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
                  • 1,326 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:03 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by TonyandTricia
                    Get chocolate if that's what you want!! You could add a raspberry filling if you want it more "exotic."

My god you just made me drool! This is by far my fav way to have chocolate! lol! I say get the darn chocolate with something a little daring in the middle

#10 IrishgirlinNY

IrishgirlinNY
                    • 938 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:40 PM

I agree with everyone. I love chocolate anything! My cake will definitely be chocolate. Go with what you want. There will always be someone who doesnt like something. Any wedding I have been to I have never been asked about what flavor I wanted....its what the bride wants. Go with your favorite!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users