Another Newbie

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 kc101

• 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:50 PM

I recently got engaged and have been looking for places around my hometown, Charlotte, NC, to get married, but haven't found anything that I love. So I'm now looking into the possibility of a destination wedding. All of the information, websites, etc. are a little bit overwhelming though, so I'm hoping this site will help me figure out my best options. I'm looking forward to learning more from others who have already been through all of this!

#2 Sweetpea_Mtl

• 172 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:22 PM

Hey congratulations on your engagement KC! It is overwhelming until you find your location (or so I hear! I'm still searching the tons of resorts in the Mayan Riviera...)
      But you've come to the right place to get all the info you need (and more!).
      Welcome to the BDWF!

#3 kc101

• 2 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 11:42 PM

Thanks for the welcome! I think I've actually narrowed it down to the Mayan Riviera too, although I have just begun searching through all of the resorts there... Good luck and congrats on your engagement too!

#4 DDBentley15

• 57 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:01 AM

Congrats! Welcome to the forum!

#5 ~Nicole~

• 4,512 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:02 AM

Congrats and to the forum! I remember feeling that way so I can assure you that it gets better lol! There's so much info on here to help you narrow things down and everyone is really helpful! Good luck and happy planning!
            *Formerly Nikki07*
            My Planning Thread

#6 debbmach

• 1,457 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 01:36 AM

Congratulations! You'll find all the information you need to help you make your decision on this forum!

58 people booked...and counting!!!

#7 barcelo1162010

• 154 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:11 AM

Welcome to the forum and good luck. I am getting married in the Mayan Riviera next month, at Barcelo Maya. I'm sure you will find somewhere you will love. Barcelo is a large resort, which I thought would be nice so our guests don't get bored at the resort...we really shouldn't have to leave. I've also been the Iberostar (in the Mayan Rivera) that is also a beautiful resort.

#8 barcelo1162010

• 154 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:13 AM

Wanted to add; that choosing the resort is one of the hardest decisions because you have so many options! Once you narrow it down, the decisions get easier (at least for me they did). If you have a travel agent you might see if they could suggest a few resorts they have been to; then research them and see if you love any of them.

#9 mlabbe

• 784 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:23 AM

Congrats and welcome to the forum! I'm sure that you'll find what you are looking for!

#10 *Meagan*

• 5,521 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 03:42 AM

HI! and welcome to the BDWF!! Happy planning and congrats!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users